9

Loud screams could be heard, they echoed through the empty hallways. Chishiya was just about to reach the first floor when he noticed a horrible but mild smell of metal. Which was very strange, and disgusting. 

Chishiya walked even faster and jumped off the stairs once there were only a couple of steps left. He quickly looked up, seeing Aguni and Niragi, alongside other people gathered around Momoka's dead body. Her colorfull bathing suit had now a growing stain of dark red, as if a glass of wine had been spilled ontop. 

"What is this?" Chishiya whispered, he apporached both of them. He couldnt take his eyes off the corpse, it made him confused. But at the same time it made him realize how dangerous it would be for anyone to be walking around unaware of the situation, specially with a possible killer on the loose. "Which of this idiots did this?!" Niragi shouted, he hit the ground with his gun. Letting out a scream filled with anger. Everyone near the scene had to take a couple of minutes to realize the phones placed on the table. 

This was a game, a game called witch hunt. 

Chishia gulped and frowned, he grabbed one of the phones in the table and looked up. Almost everyone was gathered around different floors, poking their heads and running around the hotel. 

"A game?" Usagi looked at Kuina. She zipped her jacket and started running towards the table to get a phone, her visa was running out of days anyway. Sooner or later she had to play a game. 

"These bastards! Who was it?! Tell me right now!" Niragi demanded, he raised his gun in the air and started to shoot. 

"Witch hunt. All players need to discover who is the witch and burn them in the bon fire. You have an hour to do so. Good luck! Let the game begin." 

Niragi stopped shooting, his eyes widened as he heard the announcement. He kept his hand in the air, holding his gun tightly without pulling the trigger. Aguni frowned and sighed in dissapointment as he watched Niragi. 

No one payed complete attention to explain how it exactly happened, but a bonfire was soon outside the hotel. Niragi, Mira, Last boss, every single authoritie that had Aguni's trust was questioning everyone and throwing them into the bonfire. Chishiya watched the chaos happen from afar. 

"Arisu.." Chishiya looked around, no sign of Arisu. 

"Chishiya." Arisu looked around, having the same result.

None of them could find eachother, the clock was ticking. They couldnt afford wasting time in a moment like this. "Who do you think it is..?" Kuina looked at Usagi. Both of them hid in the chaotic crowd. 

"I have no idea..why would they do a game like this? Who is behind all of this?" 

"We dont know." Kuina crossed her arms and took a few steps back. "We should go." She whispered. Usagi nodded, "We have to find the others first, then leave as soon as possible." 

"I agree." Kuina uncrossed her arms and looked around, up, right, left, down, all directions. She couldnt spot anyone in their group. You could rarely see everyone outside their rooms or the pool, they were always busy. Playing games, resting, drinking, whatever you could imagine. 

"Should I look for you again?" Chishiya took a glance at Momoka's dead body. He also looked at his phone, time was running faster than he imagined. "I guess I should follow my gut." He smiled. 

"Ann!" Kuina pushed people in the hallways, she was going the opposite direction. Nothing else mattered in that moment, she would do whatever it took to get out of that hell. "Ann!" 

Each time she screamed her voice became louder, her throat more sore by the time she prepared to shout again. "Where are you?!" Kuina felt tears forming in her eyes, both of them becoming watery and red. 

"Kuina! Have you seen Ann?" Tatta ran into Kuina, his face and clothes were dirty from the smoke and dirt. 

"No. Have you?" 

"No.." he sighed. "We have to leave!" 

"I know. We need to find Chishiya as well." 

"Have you seen Chishiya!?" 

Kuina and Tatta turned around, both of them struggling to breathe because of the dense smoke. "Have you seen Chishiya?" Arisu repeated. 

"No..we havent." Kuina replied. She pointed at one of the back doors and started running again. Tatta understood what she meant, but he was too scared to move. 

"We have to leav-" 

"Im not." Arisu interrupted. "Im not leaving until I find him." 

"Arisu!-"

"Tatta. You can do it, run." Arisu smiled and patted him on the shoulder. He coughed a couple of times and began running, worriedly screaming his name. 

"Im gonna find you, Arisu." Chishiya said to himself, still observing all the chaos and people running. He held the batch of cards in his hands. Quickly putting them in his pocket. "I guess im playing two games now." He sighed and started walking quickly, hood on, headphones off. 

Lucky for him, this time the game was different. Arisu wasnt hiding, both of them shared intentions. 

"Chishiya!" Arisu ran through the corridors, gasping for air and panting every now and then. "Just wait....just wait." He whispered, speeding up once again. 

People had no mercy, throwing eachother into the fire when a few minutes ago everyone kept peace with eachother. Crazy how in a matter of minutes everything can change.

"Where is he?" Niragi asked. Shooting at people and ordering his "clan" to throw them in the fire. "I dont know what you are talking about." Last boss whispered back. Cleaning some blood off his sword. 

"That guy..pathetic Chishiya." 

"He is always on the rooftop, why dont you go check there."

Last boss smiled and ran off in order to find more people. Niragi also ran, but he didnt want to find more people. He was looking for an specific person. 

And that was Chishiya.