➛ 2

chapter 2
kikiwaka got talent

vinnies pov

lately avas been distant. everytime i would try to talk about counselor stuff, or get to know her in general she would just answer with one word and brush me off by saying she has something to do. plus shes been falling asleep in the most random places ever. once i saw her about to fall into the water at the dock.

like just now, i finished taking a shower got dressed and was putting my hair into a new style i never tried before and ava came in (again) just stared and walked out.

i thought i had something on my face so i spent an extra ten mintues in there looking for something that would cause that type of reaction.

-

anyways, me, gwen, destiny, and ava were sitting at the lunch table , eating lunch. destiny started talking about the talent show they were having for campers. i looked up from my food and saw ava dozing off. destiny had asked a question to ava about the 'talents' gwen has, but she was asleep.

"ava? vin shake her.." i shook her and she popped up, "huh? yeah im down for some groundhog." she smiled lowly, "sorry haven't sleep since i got to camp. that explains alot. "sorry if ive been keeping you up."

destiny shook her head, "nah, if i dont get my 8 hours ive been know to punch then ask questions.

"remind me not to wake you up at the wrong hour." i chuckled, "noted!" she replied proudly.

but in this very moment i was surprised, ava had acknowledged me.

well sorta..

ava cleared her throat making us think she saw about to say something so we looked up. she looked confused then right back at me, but looked down again.

i went to go talk to noah about the plans about the auditions, i was helping him out because he is not good at giving criticism.

"where are you going?" gwen asked me. "oh im just gonna talk to noah about something real quick." i smiled to her.

ava looked skeptical about it, but i didnt think much of it.

-

i was chilling on my bed reading a book, called 'lord of the flies' the book itself is really good but it has too many words old timey words for me to comprehend.

ava walked in looking for something, i mustve been really into the book because i didnt see her infront of me.

"vinnie.." she said, "oh, sorry i didnt know you were there" i downwardly smiled. "you need anything?"

"uh yeah, i cant find my pair of sneakers, the white ones." i looked down, she was only wearing one shoe.

"isnt one on your foot?" i questioned. "no..i have no ideas whos this is." she responded.

i blinked. how much sleep is she getting?

-

i usually go out at the docks sometimes at night for some fresh air, because the cabins are really stuffy.

but this time ava wasnt in her bed, i thought she went to go get a drink of water and didnt think much of it.

i got up with my blanket and started walking to the dock, i heard some foot steps and turned around.

"ava?" she was came off the directors path. "oh vinnie, what are you doing awake?" she questioned.

"im just getting fresh air, what about you?" i continued. "i cant sleep so i went to lou and she kicked me out."
i smiled, "would you like to join me?"

-

we were both sitting on the dock, i was looking across camp, at camp champion seeing the dim lights still reflecting on the lake.

the silence was awkward and calming at the same time.

i looked over at ava but she was already looking at me, i gasped a little by how close we were.

our hands 1 inch away from touching.
"ava," i asked, "hm" she said in a low voice, are faces still close together.

"why have you been distant? everytime i try and talk to you, you brush me off. and you stare at me weirdly."

she went silent, i could see all her features now, she was very pretty.

"oh," i felt her fingers brush against mine, "i dont know, i guess i feel nervous around you." she truthfully answered. i tilted my head, "why?"

"i just" she paused, thinking about what she was going to say, "i think, your smart, funny, you speak your mind, and your really attractive."
she spoke out.

i was at a lost for words so i just stared at her. my eyes were flicking from her eyes to her lips.

ive had crushes in the past but this was different. i felt her leaning in, her hand fully on mine.

i looked at her lips and leaned in with her, our lips were so close i could feel her breathing.

our lips were about touch until i heard a ringing, i was looked down when a hand grabbed my chin and placed my lips on theirs.

my eyes widen until i finally sunk into the kiss.

can i tell anyone? afraid of what they'll say.

-

this is straight forward 😭 im kinda thinking friends with benefits !!