Sixteen

Calum and I are still watching movies. So far we have watched Paranormal Activity, Narnia and Harry potter. Now we are watching the Hunger games.

I looked at my phone to see what time it was. It was 10:50 pm. It was late."Um, Calum, don't take this the wrong way but don't you think you should be going home. It's late." I said to Calum. "My parents aren't home so they won't know anything. But, I could go home if you wanted me to." Calum said. "No, its fine. Its nice having you around." "Cool." Both me and Calum then turned our attention back to the movie.

I was becoming sleepy and I was having trouble staying awake. "Go, to sleep", Calum said. I nodded my head and climbed into bed. I heard Calum get up and turn the tv off. "Calum, where are you going", I asked. "Home." I sat up in bed. "Calum, it's 11 at night and you want to walk home." He nodded his head. "Why don't you stay the night". I asked.

" Where would I sleep. Sleeping on a couch is not my cup of tea." He said. "You could sleep on my bed with me. Or I could sleep on the couch and you could sleep on my bed." "No. Its just better if I go home. We have school tomorrow, and I won't have clothes to change into." He said. "Okay if you want to go home you can. Im a little shocked that you, Calum Hood out of all people, actually care about going to school tomorrow." "Ha, ha very funny." "So, what's your plan Mr. Hood? You can go home to an empty house and go to school tomorrow. Or you can cuddle with me and arrive late to school." I said. "I hate you. Just so you know." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. Calum started walking to the side of my bed. "Move over". I moved over and Calum climbed in. "Goodnight Monica", Calum said. "Night Calum", I said. I got back under the blankets and shut the lamp next to my bed off. Calum then wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer to him. I turned around and looked up at Calum he was smiling down at me. "What?" I asked. "Your cute and I feel that someone should tell you that". I blushed and tried to hid my face. "Don't hid your face", I lifted my head. I couldn't stop smiling. Calum kissed my forehead and I brought my body even closer to Calum.

-

When I woke up Calum was still next to me and my dad was in my room. It was also 9:30, which means we are late for school. "Monica! Why the fuck is there a boy in your room!? And why is he cuddling with you. And I swear that was the boy who I told could not come in! Monica explain yourself." At this point Calum was up and looked uncomfortable.

"I am sorry sir. It is my fault, I should have not have entered your house when you told me not to. And I should not be cuddling with your daughter without your permission. I am sorry. I will leave." Calum says and gets up to leave. "You better be sorry, buts its not your fault. It's my stupid daughter fault. You may leave while I talk to her." My dad says, and Calum walks out. I hear the door close from downstairs and I turn to face my dad. "Monica explain. Right now!"

"I am sorry its my fault not Calum's . I let Calum in the house and I told him to stay over. I am the one who wanted to cuddle. So be anger at me not at Calum." I said. "Your right I shouldn't be mad at him. He is just falling for my stupid ass daughter. But I am still mad at you and you need to be punished." My dad approaches me and slaps me across the face.

-

I was laying on the bathroom floor now with my blade in my hand. After my dad left me in my room I made my way in here. I was thinking of cutting myself but I was trying not to. If Calum where to see my cuts he would be disappointed. I stood up and flushed my blade down the toilet. I felt proud. I put makeup on to cover up my bruises and got dress with difficulty. I was wearing my Green day shirt and my black ripped skinny jeans with my black vans. I grabbed an apple and headed for school. My parents weren't in the kitchen so they must have left already for work.

-

When I arrived the boys weren't there and I was glad for once. I walked in and went to my locker to get my things for third period, since I missed first and second. It was lunch so I didn't really have to bring anything.When I closed my locker, Calum was right in front of me. "Hey, how did your dad react?" Calum asks. I don't know if I should tell him the truth or not. "My dad beat me up. But don't worry its normal. I told you this before if you remember." I told Calum. Calum looked really sad. "Monica this is not normal and I thought your parents stop abusing you." "Calum my parents never stopped and I don't think they will." I told him. "Why do you still live with them then?" "Cause I don't have any wear else to go." Calum and I started walking to the cafeteria. "Why don't you find your own place" Calum asked. "I don't have the money." We stopped talking. Calum walked into the line to buy food, while I walked next to him but didn't buy anything. People kept looking at us. "Calum, why do people keep looking at us?" I asked. "I don't really know. Maybe their not use to seeing us hang out. They probably think its wired since now I hang out with you, someone who I use to bully, and not my friends. Who I knew my whole life ". He said. "Well, its creepy." "I know just ignore them and keep walking." I did as he said. Calum and I found a table at the back of the cafeteria. "I am sorry for getting you into trouble and-" "Stop." I interrupted him. "Whatever it happened. Can we just focus on today only." "Okay, I just want you to be happy." "I am. I promise." I said. "Okay. You didn't do anything to yourself after your dad beat you up did you?" Calum asked with worry in his eyes. "If you are talking about me cutting myself the answer is no. I flushed my blade down the toilet." I said and rolled up my selves. "Thanks for not cutting yourself." "Calum, why don't you want me to cut?" I asked. I asked him before but he didn't tell me. "It a personal question, but if you want to know I will tell." "Calum, you don't have to if you don't feel comfortable." I said.

"It's okay. So um, I don't want you to cut yourself because someone close to me use to cut herself and she almost ended up dead. She was my sister. She has stopped but it hurts me to see other people self harm. I don't want you to go through what my sister had to go through. I care to much about you. And I'm glad you stopped too." I looked at him stocked. "Calum, I didn't know I shouldn't have asked I am sorry." "Its okay. My sister fine now."

I couldn't speak after hearing that. "So um." Calum tried to change the subject. "What do you do on your free time?" He asked. "Listen to music, or watch movies. you?" "I like listening to music too, but I also write my own songs. Ashton, Luke, Michael and I have a band but I don't know what's going to happen with the band since I don't really talk to them anymore." "Thats pretty cool. You having your own band and all. I have a feeling that your band was pretty cool. To bad it's not working out right now. What did you guys call yourselves." I asked.
" 5 seconds of summer." " I wish I could have heard you play." I said. "No you don't, we kind of sucked." "If you say so. Do you ever think I can hear one of your songs?" "Maybe." The bell rang so Calum and I walked out of the cafeteria and got our things for the next class.

Throughout the the whole class I couldn't stop thinking about Calum and his sister. I feel really bad about asking.