xiv. the climax

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

"She is a daughter, not a son, unloved and in truth, banished to Mercia to spend her life being bumped by her husband whom you have so gently put to bed. Like her husband, Alfred's not minded to pay a great sum." Uhtred claimed, the two sides sat in the hall of Beamfleot with a fire in between. Luna sat perched on Uhtred's thigh with his hand placed on her side, Finan had a hand on both of their shoulders as Sigefrid glared at them. Luna had thrown an arm around Uhtred's shoulder and played with his hair absentmindedly, she glanced up briefly to see Sihtric looking down at them.

"Alfred's price is what? Say it."

"I will separate from the hundredweight in silver offered by the husband. Alfred will add another two hundred pounds weight of silver." Uhtred's fingers trail up her side back and forth gently, and the brothers scoff.

"Three hundred pounds in total."

"A good price. The daughter of a Frankish king was once bargained for a similar price. Pyrlig?" Uhtred turns to the priest.

"This is true, lord. It is a good price." Sigefrid laughs in disbelief. Luna smiled at Finan when he leaned closer to them ending up with his face close to her own.

"No. No, no, no, no! Alfred is not a Frankish king and it's not a good price!" Sigefrid snarls and Luna smirks at him when they make eye contact.

"I say it's a good price."

"Like the pig's arse, you have farted." Luna looks at him and his men in disgust when a man makes a farting noise and the men laugh.

"Yes! And it stinks! By the Gods, does it stink? Open the doors."

"It is a good price."

"I think it is a good price." Pyrlig agrees.

"You insult me! If Alfred is minded so little then I am minded to bring her into this hall and allow each man here to take his turn. I swear she will be tied to a cart and she will travel the kingdoms. Is that what you want, Saxon? Do not insult me!" Luna narrowed her eyes and noticed both of her men glanced at her in worry. And it wasn't for her safety, but for Sigefrid's.

"If you so much as look at her the wrong way I will cut off your cock and shove it down your throat." Luna threatened the Dane and felt Finan slide his hand to the back of her neck and squeeze lightly. She would not allow a woman to be raped no matter the dangers.

"I am not insulting you." Uhtred quickly said noticing the way Sigefrid was looking at their woman.

"Do not."

"The king has given me some discretion to increase the price." Uhtred spoke with a casual tone, his hand holding her tighter and pulling her closer to him.