Chapter One

So lets set the scene. Beautiful skies filled with clouds that only shield you slightly from the beating sun on your back. Choppy sea water against the posts of fishing docks and the sides of rich peoples old boats. An endless sea out in front of you. The Atlantic full of sea birds and marsh lands. You can hear the sound of old country music being played from front porches and smell cook outs for miles. Hear the wind against the flags that are hoisted from the sides of houses and sea the light house just a couple hundred miles away. The lighthouse that was moved away from the sea because it was hungry. It wanted to consume what the humans have built and mother nature is angry more now than she was then. Then there is me. A scrawny blue eyed tanned skinned seventeen year old. My hair bleached from the sun wisps around my eyes where it isn't held up by the hat I am wearing. It only gets so beautiful when you have the time to enjoy it. For the rich folks who live in beautiful beach houses not too far from the actual beach, this is a view they take for granted. For people like me who have grown up on the fishing docks their whole life. Not a day of rest. The air seems like air, and the sea tastes like salt. 

We do worship a days work. Our way of life was never taken for granted for this was our home. We didn't just come for summer holidays when the weather was just right. We are the summer and the winter and the spring and the fall. We are the outer banks and my name is Oliver 

(Chapter to be continued)