clear 3.12

"why are you going?" Miles asked while I packed a bag and gun, "because, I'm sick of your face." I said while walking past him out the door. "Now, bye" I yelled, flipping him off while walking away, "love you too!" he screamed back at me. 

Michonne seemed cool. I didn't mind her being around Carl on the other hand, seemed less open to the idea of her going with us. She didn't talk but she did bring formula for the baby and save Glenn and Maggie so in my book she's alright. The ride to town was silent. We drove past a man screaming for help. It didn't feel right but I know its what we have to do now. 

Once we drove into town I felt sick, I mean we used to call this place home now it was deserted and lifeless. Since my dad was a sheriff he knew where all the guns would be hiding that no one knew of, but once we turned the corner there were what looked like traps it felt uneasy. 

A walker was following behind us, "don't, she'll get caught." my dad said stopping Michonne from wasting energy, then a gunshot went off and the walker fell to the floor. "Hands!" a man yelled from the rooftop, the man yelled for us to drop everything, I turned to look at my dad "run for the car now." he said "Dad, no." Carl and I replied. "I think I can get up there, and get that rifle." Michonne whispered "go now." He turned and shot at the man. Carl and I ran for a car nearby for cover. 

By the time Michonne got to the roof the man was gone I turned to my dad confused. Another bullet rebounded off of the metal barrel my dad was ducking behind. I heard another gunshot and a thud, I looked over at the man laying on the floor and Carl standing over him pointing a gun. I walked next to Carl in shock, I mean he had just shot a man. My dad ran up to the man to pull the mask off, it was Morgan, it was actually Morgan. My dad looked up at me with a smirk as my smile slowly grew bigger. "Do you know him?" Carl asked me, I pushed Carl's arm so the gun wasn't pointing at Morgan "he saved us." I said looking at my dad with a smile.

Michonne and my dad carried him inside after getting past all of his traps they laid him down on the cot. He had dozens upon dozens of guns everywhere, Carl and Michonne went to find a crib for the baby. I stayed with my dad till Morgan woke up. 

I looked at all the writing all over the walls scanning for any of it to make sense. My dad looked at the guns and found the walkie we left with him. I slowly looked up and saw "Duane turned" scribbled in huge letters on the wall. My dad turned to look at me and tears ran down my face. He was the only person I had left for a long time and he was gone just like mom, just like Sophia, just like Shane, just like Dale, gone. I can't keep losing people.

 We both sat there for a while waiting for him to wake up, "he was a good kid." my dad said trying to break the silence "yeah, he was." I replied while wiping tears from my face. My dad got up to check one of the guns Morgan had, I walked over to the next room. I heard a loud thud and my dad yelling. I ran back into the room to see Morgan and my dad fighting. "dad!" I screamed They fought each other until Morgan finally gave in, begging for my dad to kill him. "Morgan it's me Rae, Raelynn." I held my hands out Infront of him copying my dad, "you know me." 

He told us how Duane turned and how he screamed until his last breath. "You found your family!" he yelled "and your brother, your boy, is he dead?" My dad looked at me "no." I said to Morgan while kneeling down next to him "he will be." Morgan said, staring at me and my dad. I stood back up and walked into the other room. 

After a while I heard a muffled conversation between my dad and Morgan. I walked in mid conversation "Morgan you have to come with us." he turned to me and shook his head, he knew that we were in a war and he didn't want to watch more people die. 

My dad and I packed a couple bags of guns and took them back with us. When we were walking to the car we ran into Carl and Michonne with the crib. We walked past Morgan on the way to the car, "Hey, Morgan! I had to shoot you, you know that right?" Carl shouted "I'm sorry." Morgan walked towards "hey kid, don't ever be sorry." He looked over at me, "he would be proud to see you still here." a tear ran down my face and I nodded at him "you be safe, okay?" I said walking up to him. "he loved you a lot." I said hugging him tightly "he loved you a lot too." he whispered. I slowly let go and ran back to my dad. 

The drive back we drove past remains of the man we had left to die, Michonne stopped the car and my dad picked up the man's orange pack back and we went back home like nothing happened, Like we didn't just leave Morgan there to die too. 

her and Duane would have been cute tho :'(