The Mystery of the Missing Platform - Chapter 2 - Uncovering Secrets

Summary from EPISODE 1: W-Sam, Iris, and Becky decided to explore why there is no Platform 4 in the train station. Their friend, Agnes, told them if they ever wanted to visit her, take Platform 4. The three siblings are investigating the case of the missing Platform 4.

EPISODE 2 - Uncovering Secrets

'Did somebody drop it?' Becky asked in a hushed voice.

'Drop what?' W-Sam said. Both Iris and Becky were bent over the ground, staring at something. He couldn't bear with the tension no longer, and he stormed towards them. 'What're you so -'

His eyes fell on a large diamond ring. It looked almost new. Sparkly, shiny, beautiful, exclusive ... words could not describe how heavenly it looked, shimmering in the darkness, as if calling to all three of them to pick it up and keep it.

It was tempting to touch it.

W-Sam was speechless for a moment. Then Iris spoke, 'This can not be a coincidence somebody dropped it.'

'Why ever not?' Becky said, her eyes gleaming mysteriously.

'Shut up, Becky. Use your brain. This is a diamond ring. Most people wear rings on their fingers, and they wouldn't drop a ring like this - especially not a diamond one.'

'Here's the catch - most people,' Becky pointed out, swallowing a burst of laughter.

'It's not funny now!' Iris said hotly. 'Goodness knows there are more jewels hiding around in this place -' as she said this, she thrashed out some other sheets of plastic, 'and you don't know what will hap -'

'Did you like, do a magic charm or something?' W-Sam said to Iris uncertainly, staring at the floor.

'You're being stupid,' Iris snapped.

'Uh, he's not,' Becky said, looking at where W-Sam was looking at. Iris snorted impatiently and turned around to face a silver necklace. 'Wow,' she said, emphasizing the word.

'It's a very "wow" moment, actually,' Becky said. She extended a hand to touch it. 'It's so beautiful,' she breathed. 'Just like the one Mom has at home.'

As soon as she uttered these words, as soon as her fingertips brushed against the silver necklace, a burst of strong light threw Iris and W-Sam off their feet and sent them flying backwards. Once it disappeared, Becky was gone.

'Oh my gawd,' Iris said, scrambling to her feet. 'Oh no no no - BECKY! Stop messing around! Where are you?'

'It was like the - the thing - the necklace swallowed her up!' W-Sam cried hysterically, jumping up and down. 'We can't - where - we need to find her!'

He was freaking out, pacing up and down. You could hear the hysteria in his voice. Iris was trying to calm herself down, breathing in and out, just like she practiced during her yoga lessons.

'What are you doing?' shrieked W-Sam. 'Why are you breathing right now? We need to find Becky and go home! Oh shoot,' he said, slapping his palm over his forehead, which was glistening with sweat, 'Home. Home. Mom will go bonkers if she finds out Becky's gone! What are you doing?' he shrilled at Iris.

'Yoga! It helps calm the nerves.' Iris took in another deep breath, whilst her brother looked at her like she just said she was an alien.

'You take yoga lessons?' he almost screeched. He shook himself. 'Okay. See sense. We have to see sense. If we need to find Becky, we have to touch the necklace as well -'

'And what, get absorbed in? No! Imagine what will happen to me!' Iris had snapped out of her meditation. 'Think of it - I'll never be able to go window shopping with my friends again! I'll never be able to put on makeup! I'll never be able to talk -'

'CALM DOWN!' yelled W-Sam. He sucked in a deep breath, counted to three, and exhaled. 'You can stay if you want. I'm going into the necklace, or whatever you call it.'

'But how do you get out?' Iris asked worriedly. 'If you jump into the necklace, how do you get out of the necklace?'

'By jumping up?' W-Sam said uncertainly. He half-expected Iris to thwack him on the head, but she was focusing and using her logic.

'There are two jewels here. Necklace and ring. See, Becky touched the necklace, and she's probably inside the necklace right now. Then if she touched the ring - wait no. That doesn't make sense. If we touch the ring, will she be able to get out?'

W-Sam had been thinking by himself. 'No. It means there's another ring - just like this one here - in the necklace dimension. That's the way to get out of there.'

Silence passed them. 'Are you sure?' Iris whispered. He nodded confidently. 'Positive.'

'But if that's not right -'

'Then I don't know what's right.' He took in a shaky breath. 'Please, Iris. You have to trust me on this one. I just know it. It's simple logic.' He paused, and raked his fingers through his jet black hair. 'Maybe there's a hidden Platform 4 in there as well.'

Iris fiddled with her thumbs. Sure, she trusted her brother. After all, he was the nerd and the expert here, who had the most brains. 'Fine,' she said finally. 'I just don't get why Agnes would -'

'We'll get answers when we reach,' W-Sam said, surprised that those words even left his mouth. 'It's not a big deal.' He clasped his hand in Iris's. 'We'll touch it together,' he said. 'Ready?'

Iris nodded. 'On three.'

'One.'

'Two.'

'THREE!'

Both Iris and W-Sam's fingertips brushed the necklace, and a beam of light bounced towards them, but instead of getting kicked back and being sent crashing to the wall, this time - they were in. Inside the necklace. Through a new dimension.