4 ~ Pilot

Callie stops walking to look at some beautiful purple flowers before Octavia joins her. Ben and Finn share a smirk before they each pluck a flower, turning to Octavia and Callie. Ben moves some of Callie's hair out of her face before placing the flower behind her ear which causes her to look down as she blushes. Finn does the same to Octavia which leaves her speechless and frozen.
"Now, that, my friend, is game," Jasper, the boy with goggles, says to his best friend, Monty.
"That, my friend, is poison sumac," Monty says as he picks a flower.
"What? It is?" Octavia asks in panic as she knocks the flower from behind her ear, causing Callie to laugh.
"The flowers aren't poisonous," Callie says with a teasing smile as Octavia sends her a playful glare.
"They're medicinal, calming, actually," Monty says which causes Callie to nod in agreement.
"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on The Ark," Jasper explains as Finn and Ben look at Monty slightly amazed.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke asks as she walks back over to the group.
"Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn asks her as he motions to the trees and flowers around them.
"Well, it's simple. I wonder, why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on," Clarke explains as she glances around them before walking off, causing Callie to roll her eyes at the girl for what felt like the millionth time since they landed on Earth.
"Someone should slip her some poison sumac," Octavia jokes which earns her a high-five from Callie as Jasper and Monty laugh while Finn and Ben also smile at the girls.

"I got to know what you two did to get busted," Ben states as he looks back at Monty and Jasper as the group follows after Clarke.
"Sumac is not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean," Monty explains as he and Jasper share a smirk.
"Someone forget to replace what we took," Jasper says with a teasing smile.
"Someone has apologized, like, 1,000 times," Monty says with a frown before shaking his head.

"What about you, Ghost?" Finn asks which causes Callie to cringe because of the stupid nickname. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"
"If I would have been caught, then I would have been," Callie answers as she throws her arm around Octavia's shoulders. "I was trying to save this kiddo." Octavia rolls her eyes at being called kiddo.
"How about you, Octavia? What'd they get you for?" Jasper asks in order to strike up a conversation with her.
"Being born," Octavia answers through gritted teeth as she grabs Callie's hand before they run ahead of the group. They find Clarke kneeled on the ground and they join her as she motions for them to be quiet. The rest of the group joins them as they look out at a deer.
"No animals, huh?" Finn asks as Callie goes to sneak forward. Finn follows after her but he steps on a stick making it snap. The deer quickly turns to face the group which causes Callie to gasp in shock and fall backward as she sees the deer's face or should she say faces. Ben is quick to catch Callie as they watch the deer run off.
"Thanks," Callie says as Ben helps her stand up.
"Don't mention it," Ben says with a wink as he uses her words from earlier which causes her to smile. The group continues on their way to Mount Weather.

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after 97 years? What changed?" Finn questions as he looks around at the group.
"Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest," Octavia says as she spins around a tree trying to get Finn's attention. Jasper and Callie smile at the girl as they walk pass her.
"Maybe they found something on a satellite, you know, like an old weather satellite or..." Monty starts to suggest but is interrupted by Callie.
"It wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying," Callie says as she shakes her head.
"How do you know that?" Ben asks her with a raised eyebrow.
"My father is Marcus Kane," Callie answers which causes Ben, Jasper, and Monty to look at her in shock before Callie looks over at Clarke, who had grown awfully quiet. "I'm right, aren't I?"
"At the current population level, there are roughly three months left of life support, maybe," Clarke explains as she looks at the group with a frown. "Four with us gone."
"So, that was the secret they locked you up to keep? Why they kept you in solitary and floated your old man?" Finn questions as he quickly catches up to Clarke.
"My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The council disagreed," Clarke explains as she glances back at Callie, who lowers her head since she knows that her father was on the council during that time. "My mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were gonna go public, anyway, when Wells..."
"What, turned in your dad?" Callie asks in shock, since she had thought Clarke and Wells were best friends.
"Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die, at least they bought themselves more time," Clarke says which causes the group to stop for a moment.
"They're gonna kill more people, aren't they?" Monty asks with a scared tone to his voice since he still has family on The Ark.
"Good. After what they did to me, I say, float them all," Octavia says before she runs ahead with Callie right behind her.
"You don't mean that," Jasper says before he chases after the girls. Callie and Octavia stop on some rocks as they look out across a river. They share a smile before they shed their jackets and shoes. Callie makes sure that she keeps her gun hidden in her jacket. Octavia starts shedding her jumpsuit as Callie sheds her pants. Both begin to do it in a teasing manner in an attempt to get the attention of the boys, specifically Finn's and Ben's.