75

one last school dance

"I DON'T WANT TO WAKE THEM UP, LOOK AT THEM– THEY'RE ADORABLE."

Bonnie leans into Caroline's side in the doorway of Stefan and Athena's room, cooing over the couple cuddled up in bed, still asleep.

Athena's practically laid on top of Stefan, her head on his chest and a leg thrown over his hips. Stefan's got both of his arms wrapped around her, his chin propped on her head. It doesn't look necessarily comfortable for sleeping, but Bonnie's heart is aching at the sweetness of it.

Caroline, on the other hand, is rolling her eyes. "They are sickening together, even when they're asleep. Like, okay, we get it– we're all doomed to die alone!"

Bonnie glances at her friend, smirking despite her dramatics. "You are ridiculous, Care. But I still don't want to wake them up, I'll feel terrible."

"I won't," Caroline shrugs, running towards the bed and jumping onto it, making the couple startle out of their slumber. "Good morning, lovebirds!"

Stefan groans softly, wiping a hand down his face to attempt and get the sleep out of his eyes. "Have you ever heard of sleeping in? What time is it?"

Bonnie takes the ruined moment as a window of opportunity and slides onto the bed beside Caroline, giving Stefan a sympathetic smile as Athena stubbornly hides her face in his chest. "It's 10, we let you sleep as late as possible, but we still need to get ready for tonight, so–"

"It's ten?!" Athena sits up suddenly, smacking Stefan's arms off of her waist as she hoists herself onto his lap, her legs straddling his waist. She looks at the two girls, her brown eyes suddenly alert and missing any remnants of sleep. "Holy shit, we are so behind!"

Stefan huffs, hands coming up to grab her hips and keep her in bed as she tries to slide off of him. "No, no, no, we are done with school, that means no more getting up early and no more rushing, and–"

"Stefan, sweetheart," Athena interrupts him, taking his wrists in her hands and pulling them off her. "I love you so much, but if I don't start getting ready now, I'm going to go into cardiac arrest from stress."

"We need to go to the tailor and pick up our dresses, and go to the hair salon," Bonnie lists off to Athena, earning reaffirming nods.

The vampire grunts, shaking his head against his pillow. "Bed. We are staying in bed."

"Yeah, and I need to go back to the nail salon because my manicure is chipped, and there's no point in wearing a blue dress if my nails aren't blue to match," Caroline huffs, eyeing her nails with disdain as Stefan scoffs.

"Am I being ignored? Are any of you listening to a word I say?"

Athena hums distractedly, still clutching onto Stefan's wrists. "I have to make sure I have my shoes, too– have you seen my white stilettos? I swear to god, I haven't seen them in like, two weeks, and that's super inconvenient. We'll have to stop by my house to see if they're there, I guess."