2015 Ch. 5

My head hit the desk with a thunk. It all made sense. I got angry, and suddenly, objects were catching fire out of nowhere. Now here I was, sitting with three boys who used the other three elements. My aunt wouldn't have made me sit with a bunch of boys for no reason. She knows I despise them. The four element users, or emus, are a group, and now, I was a part of it.
I moaned. "Yah. Wooden desk. Wood hurts," said Raidan. I lifted my head and scowled at him. "That's a pretty face," he said with a grin. I put my head down again.
"Well, one of you has figured it out," I heard my aunt say. She has some nerve.
"Figured what out?" Who was that? Kyle, probably.
"You people are so stupid," I mumbled.
"Come again?" That was Jay. "I think she just called us stupid."
They were so annoying. And shared a brain. And they were... boys. Why couldn't there be just one other girl? Why did this have to happen to me? I squeezed the corner of the desk. My body felt hot. I was frustrated, flustered, annoyed. I was angry. Angry at how fast this had all happened. And that it wouldn't have happened at all if it weren't for Owen.
Suddenly, I smelled smoke. "Holy crap!" screamed Raiden.
"Put it out! Put it out!" cried Kyle. I lifted my head and yelped. The place where my hand was was black and charred, flames trickling through my fingers. The flames were spreading across the desk.
"I got this!" Jay cried as he shot a jet of water from his palms. Steam was everywhere. When the fire was out, everyone looked at me.
"I think they figured it out," my aunt whispered in my ear. It was meant for me, but I could tell she made it loud enough for the boys to hear on purpose.
"Sorry about your desk," I muttered.
"Wait. What just happened?" said Kyle.
"No way! She's the fire emu?!" said Jay.
"She's a girl!" cried Raiden. He looked stunned. And annoyed. "I'm done." Before anyone could stop him, he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.
"What's his problem?" I asked. It would bother me, too, if I had a friend group and someone just intruded. But seriously? That wasn't necessary.
"With his temper, you'd think he was the pyro," said Jay, still looking at the door. Then he looked at me. "But, I guess we'll just have to learn to accept it. Now come on. Me and Kyle'll show you our dorm." The remaining two boys dashed out the door. I looked at my aunt. She just nodded, so I ran out after them.

The Magic AcademyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara