Kevin dating headcanons

Requested by luna_8338

...

When you first started dating

It'll be awkward at first, especially if the two of you live at the Golden Courtyard. Keep in mind that just a few moments ago, the two of you had simply been friends so transitioning from being friends to a couple will be a huge step for the two of you to take, especially for Kevin. At some point, he'll get used to the idea of being your boyfriend, but for the first few days, expect to see him act awkward around you as he has yet to take that huge step.

When it comes to holding your hand or kissing you, Kevin will ask for your permission first. He doesn't want to make you uncomfortable, especially if you aren't ready to have that level of intimacy with him. You were more than happy to show him that you were ready.

Of course, you're more than ready to have that level of intimacy with him and assure him that you are. Regardless of your constant reminder that he needn't ask for your permission, Kevin still ask. It takes him a long time to stop asking.

Expect to be treated well. Your well-being is his priority. That has never changed even after you started going out with him. You dating him only strengthen that belief. Kevin will drop whatever it is that he was doing to make sure you are alright. There are times when you wonder if that was a good thing.

When you're having a bad day

If you're having a bad day, Kevin will immediately be at your side, ready to comfort you. If you need a hug from him, he'll hug you. A shoulder to cry on? He'll be that shoulder. Even if he's at work, he'll still rush home to make sure you're okay.

He'll likely ask what's wrong before deciding the best way to comfort you. Whatever the reason may be, just know that he's not leaving your side anytime soon.

When he's having a bad day

You'll know when Kevin is having a bad day and immediately, you set out to make his day better.

"Bad day?"

He nods.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Hug me."

No questions asked, you will do anything to make Kevin feel better. You'll kiss him if you have to. Hug him for the whole day if it meant soothing his troubles. Anything that he needs, you'll do for him if it means that he can be happy again.

He sacrifices himself every day for you. It's only natural that you return the favor.

When you're jealous

You know that Kevin would never cheat on you nor would express interest in any other girls other than you. It's just unfortunate that there exist moments where you would leave your boyfriend alone for a second only to come back to see a girl with him. It can't be helped given Kevin's popularity, but you can't help but feel bitter over the encounter.

Especially when you're on a date with him. The person either takes your seat and tries to make it seem like they were his date or outright tries to get Kevin to ditch you. Both were infuriating to witness.

Kevin would stand his ground, making you feel a little better. Ultimately, you were the one who drove his admirers away and reclaim your place as his significant other.

All is well that ends well.

When he's jealous

Kevin isn't one to get jealous but if someone is acting too friendly with you, especially after you've already told them you had a boyfriend, Kevin will have no issue reminding them that you're spoken for. The man will literally walk up to the two of you and kiss you if that's what it takes to make it clear that you're his.

You may even catch Kevin glaring at the person and you find that he's not sorry for his actions. Not that you fault him for it. You're sure that you'd do the same if you saw your boyfriend with another girl.

There was a time when Elysia got "too close" to you. She just wanted to welcome her friend back with a hug. Although someone was not happy with the idea.

"Kevin? Hello? I know you can hear me. Hello?"

"..."

"Don't tell you're jealous."

His silence only served to affirm your statement. It is only after you kiss him that he finally turns his attention towards you and admit how he was feeling. You'll find yourself spending the rest of your days in his arms as the man was focused on not letting you go which turned out to be quite a problem, especially when you had a flight to catch.

When you had to leave

You kissed Kevin goodbye, promising him that you'll be sure to call him lots. Your boyfriend begrudgingly lets you go but not before showing you the look on his face which mirrored that of a kicked puppy. You were almost tempted to stay but you knew that such desires would have grave consequences.

"Be a good boy until I get back."

You could almost see imaginary doggy ears pressed flat on top of his head, sad that you had to depart. The sight had your heart melting. It took every fiber of your body to not melt right then and there. But even you caved in.

"... I promise to give you lots of kisses when I get back."

You had a hard time getting Kevin to stop hugging you. Having a job away from home is tough, especially with a boyfriend who misses you dearly.

When work forces you to be apart from him

Depending on the job you have, you might be in and out of the Golden Courtyard which meant time away from Kevin. Neither you nor Kevin were happy about the arrangement and you try your best to make it work out—negotiating to have hours that would allow you to do your job while also getting you home before the day ended.

When you try his cooking

As much as you love Kevin, his cooking is terrible. You could not stomach it for the life of you. Even before you placed it into your mouth, you had your doubts. The appearance alone was enough to make you uneasy, but that wasn't enough to stop you from trying it. You can't judge a book by its cover.

With that in mind, you were able to muster the courage to take a bite into his dish, expecting the dish to not taste as bad as it looks. You immediately regretted your life choice as your life begins to flash before your very eyes.

You'd believe you were eating charcoal if it were not for the fact that you knew it was Kevin who made this dish. The last thing you recall before blacking out was Kevin asking if you were okay before your world tilts upside down. You're sure that whatever it is that remains would suffice as an answer.

Instead of crossing the boundary between life and death, you found yourself sitting in a hospital with a guilt-ridden Kevin at your side. You have survived and had Su to thank for that. Were it not for him, you're not sure you would have survived.

Kevin would continuously apologize for almost getting you killed. He would get you flowers, order you takeout, and do absolutely anything to make it up to you. You simply tell him to never cook for you again and if he was cooking, have someone by his side to supervise. Kevin thought that an angel had descended. How could such a forgiving person exist? You truly were too good for him. He was lucky to have been chosen by you.

Although you cannot enjoy the food he makes, you were happy to help him improve his cooking skills. Let's be honest, this might be necessary. Elysia once told you that there was a time she caught Kevin cooking three cups of water over a pan and it wasn't the measurement three cups but rather the measuring cups.

You've made sure to never let Kevin use the kitchen unsupervised. The last thing you wanted was to buy yourself a new pan, or better yet the kitchen. Though if it did happen, Kevin was more likely to be the one buying as he would feel bad for breaking anything of yours.

Regardless of his poor cooking skills, you appreciate his efforts to cook for you. It's the thought that counts.