𓃭♡εïз 4

Beomgyu tiptoed in trepidation as they adventured into the woods of the west. A wicked gust of wind bashed through their flowy blouse as a warning, even so the fairy let it slip, mind taken over by curiosity.

The forest in dusk was enchanting, dots of fireflies illuminating their steps in the fathomless path, cool earthy scent and calmative stream of waterfall cleansed his senses. It was a romantic experience, in Beomgyu's opinion, having two feet set into the forbidden rule already.

A magical trance, that's it? The fairy had looked for more dramas, not just an ordinarily tranquilizing night, except the deeper they explored, the quieter it gained. Animal friends, where were they?

Strange

—as if the wild lives had been avoiding a certain spot.

Beomgyu gulped at the thought but there was no way back, coming so far to defy the regulation.

Dive in, they opted for.

"Beomgyu-ssi. You should not be here."

The fairy almost shrieked by the sudden hush from a pair of pixies holding torches on patrol. Beomgyu knew they hit the jackpot, if something needed to be guarded ahead.

Behind the dark shaded leaves, they picked up the glints of metal as light rays streaked from the moon inadvertently, framing a spotlight over a voluminous cage that would accommodate a unicorn, if not a beast–

Well, the subject being enclosed was highly questionable.

"What is he doing in there!?" Though in shock, Beomgyu lowered their voice as they seeked an explanation, when the one in the cage was no other than the owner of the Ark– Taehyun, himself.

"He stays there, until the sun removes his magic." The pixie stated in grief, her partner slammed her arm harshly for the revelation– a top secret to be hush-hush and would never make it to the surface, according to their master.

"Magic?"

Through the glass windows on the ceiling, the shaft of moonlight beamed over the man, golden hair started to grow from his arms and nails lengthened to become claws. He hissed, suppressing a groan of pain as his whole body scaled up, fur emerging rapidly.

–He transformed into a lion.

Beomgyu's mouth agape with incredulity, but covered it in an instance before they made a sound. The process was clean and fast before their wide eyes, staggered by what they had got themselves into.

Magic– A fairy believed in it as much as people believed in fairies, however, not in this way, not a curse that would devastate a young man with a promising future.

"Is it necessary? You don't cage other animals." Beomgyu reasoned.

The pixies shook their heads, smiling bitterly at Beomgyu. "He wants no one to know, he wants to hurt no one."

"But he looks... lonely." The fairy mumbled in a pout, seeing the lion sauntered aimlessly in the confined space.

"He once hurt a deer."

That explained– his redemption of guilt behind his love for the animals.

"But what about his family?" Beomgyu reflashed their memories, it seems like no other humans actually lived in this giant craft.

A moment of silence for the pixies to exchange a look, agreeing the fairy carried no malice, although Taehyun might get back to them afterwards.

As they quieted behind the bushes, the pixies told a chronicle, under the ambience of rustling leaves and spinning cogwheels–