1

Aashna

'You look sexy in red, I mean sexiest cause everything looks hot on you.' I smile at Meera's usual "Hype Aashu" campaign. It almost feels like she gets paid each time she hypes me.

'I'd remember this for the next time I go on a date but for tomorrow I need something formal and classy.' I say, while dumping my pile of clothes on my bed.

'It's not like you are going to a corporate office like me, it's a film set.' she tries justifing her choice of outfit.

'Yeah but I don't want those creepy looks from men and also most importantly, I want people to remember me for my work and not anything else. So I'm settling for this.' I say finalizing a formal shirt and trousers.

'Won't there be any Pooja tomorrow?' she asks me and that's when it strikes me that there indeed will be a Pooja.

'Well then I'll be wearing this kurti. Now let's sleep, I'm so slee-' the rest gets lost in the wide yawn that escapes my mouth.

'Are you gonna sleep on your clothes? Let's sleep together in my room for tonight.' she says and we leave to her room.

I wake up four minutes before the alarm begins ringing. I turn it off and rush to my room to get ready and see Meera making us breakfast by the time I go to the living hall.

'I'll take care of the dosas, you go and get freshened up.' I take the kitchen duty from her.

'You look amazing.' she gives me a quick hug before running into her room.

While flipping the dosas I recall what all I am supposed to carry with me for the day.

My phone pops with a notification from Google and it reads,  ' Rajesh Sharma's oldest son is all set to star in his first romantic film. Will he live up to the expectations of his dad's legacy? Here's what netizens have to say.'

I read the entire article hoping to find my name in it but all that's written about me was, '... written by some female screen writer. Is handing such a huge responsibility to a budding Female artist the right choice? '

It makes me want to laugh more than it frustrates me. It looks as it they have a problem with me being a female rather than this being my first film.

Prove them wrong with your work.

'I'll drop you on the way and attend my meeting. It's just a 20 minute drive from your set. Also when will your car be back from the service centre? Have you packed everything? By what time should you be there?' Meera breaks my chain of thoughts with her chain of questions.

'10:00 am' I tell her.

'Cool, I'll be ready to go in just ten minutes. Had breakfast?' she asks.

'Yes.' I answered, masking my nervousness. She's the best roommate ever and my best-est friend and I respect her care towards me but right now I'm in no mood for a motivational speech.

'Get into the passenger seat.' I tell her and get into the driving seat to divert myself with driving from getting nervous.

'I thinks it's time that a Wikipedia page is created on you. Can we do that ourselves?' she asks.

'Ofcourse but I don't think I want one.'

'I'm gonna create a page for you by tonight.' she mutters.

'I still can't believe you'll be meeting Ruhan in a while. Let's do one thing. You leave your phone in the car and walk inside. I'm gonna come inside on the excuse of handing your phone to you.' she says excitedly.