𝟎𝟎𝟓

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ ᖴIᐯᗴ

_____________

_____________

Madeleine enters the underground amphitheatre. It is full of pure bloods, all there to listen to Grindelwald. Some were already seated on the stone benches, othered milling around. The atmosphere is edgy. People are nervous but curious, others excited.
Madeleine spots Newt and Tina in the crowd but she couldn't get to them. The others were no where to be seen.
"This'll be interesting." She murmurs to herself and begins walking around the outside of the amphitheatre. Then, the lights dim and the crowd begins to cheer.
Grindelwald walks on stage and the rest of the audience explodes with delight. Their hysteria builds as he stands there, part demagogue, part rockstar. Madeleine rolls her eyes at the crowds enthusiasm. Typical, greedy, pure bloods.
Grindelwald gestures to the crowd to settle and begins to speak.
"My brothers, my sisters, my friends. The great grift of your applause is not for me," he says, noise of denial beginning to fill the air, "No. It is for yourselves. You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer... You came today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not," the crowd is silent as they listen to him. Madeleine continues her slow pace around the room.
"For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the muggles are not lesser but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition." he pauses slightly, "magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all humanity. We, who live for freedom, for truth and for love."
Madeleine spots Credence across the room and notices how he is listening to Grindelwald, the snake lady clutching his arm, terrified.
"The moment has come to share the vision of the future that awaits if we do not rise up and take our rightful place in the world."
A woman, one of Grindelwald's followers, appears on stage. Bowing, she presents a skull-hookah to Grindelwald. Madeleine stops in tracks and walks over to the nearest pillar, peering down at him, slightly curious of the vision she spoke about. Dumbledore had told her about how Grindelwald could see snippets of the future. It was like something he was born with. Most, and nearly all, the time they were true. This could be one of those times.
The theatre falls totally silent as Grindelwald is illuminated by the skull's golden light. He inhaled deeply through the tube and his eyes roll up into his head. As he exhales, a gigantic, technicolour cloak seems to unfurl from his lips across the high stone ceiling, bearing moving images. The crowd gasps and Madeleine's eyes widen slightly.
Thousands of marching, booted feet... explosions, men running with guns. The vision of a nuclear blast rocks the amphitheatre. The crowd feels it and screams fill the air, turning into murmurs of panic as the vision later subsided then fades.
"This is what we are fighting!" Grindelwald exclaims, "that is the enemy. Their arrogance, their power lust, their barbarity. How long will it take before they turn their weapons on us?"
Madeleine glances to her left as Aurors slip into the theatre. She goes to turn her head back but snaps it back up again with a frown as she spots Theseus. With a sigh and a murmured 'typical', Madeleine slowly approaches him. Theseus turns just as she approaches him and a look of shock and confusion flashes over his face. She stops next to him.
"What are you doing here?" he says, in a low voice so only sh would hear. His voice indicated he was clearly shocked, confused and worried at the same time.
"Long story. Why are you here... with them?" She replies, raising an eyebrow towards the Aurors, her calm voice, low, as Grindelwald starts talking again.
"Travis. Where's Leta?" Theseus replies.
"Haven't found her yet."
Madeleine turns herself so she could could look around the room, once again listening to Grindelwald.
"There are Aurors among us." he says. Gasps fill the room and heads turn towards the Aurors. Madeleine rolls her eyes,
"Fantastic." She murmurs with a sigh, looking towards the now, hostile crowd.
"Come closer, brother wizards, join us." Grindelwald says. The room fills with mounted hisses and angered jeers as the Aurors step forward. Madeleine walks over to another set of stairs that ran down to the stage through the benches, and begins to walk down, wand now in her hand.
"Do nothing. No force." Theseus says to the others, locking eyes with her. She nods slightly and turns her head.
"They have killed many of my followers, it is true. They caught and tortured me in New York. They had struck down their fellow witches and wizards for the simple crime of seeking truth for wanting freedom... your anger, your desire for revenge is natural."
In front of Madeleine, to the side, a young, red-head raises her wand to the Auror in front of her but the Auror curses first and she fall, dead.
"No!" Grindelwald says. The Auror pushes past Madeleine away from Grindelwald as he ascended into the crowd and kneels in front of the young, red-head, pulling her limo body into his arms.
"Take this young warrior back to her family," he says to her friends, "disapparate. Leave. Go forth from this place and spread the word: it is not we who are violent."
The girl's friends take the body and disapparate as does most of the crowd leaving Grindelwald and his followers, the Aurors, Newt, Tina, Credence and the snake lady, Leta, Madeleine and the other two - Jacob and Queenie.

_________________________________________

𝑨/𝑵: 𝑆𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒. 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑔 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘 𝑙𝑚𝑎𝑜 𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠. 𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑎 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒.