Chapter 5

"There you are Seraphina, wait where's Sebastian?" Lucius asked Seraphina who was hiding behind a book case.

"Shh. Sebastian got caught." Seraphina whispered quietly, as she said his name, the librarian started to speak.

"Sneaking into the restricted section- again!" The librarian yelled angrily towards the panicked Slytherin.

"I had thought we were through with this mischief, clearly detentions are insufficient." Seraphina peeks her head slightly as she watches with immense guilt and fear for Sebastian, the fact he was taking the fall for both Lucius and her antics. Despite he was there on his on quest, realistically Seraphina and Lucius deserved to be there as well with him.

"I'm afraid I must take this to the headmaster." The librarian adviced.

"But-" Sebastian started to speak, in attempt to defend himself. However the librarian cut him off,
"That being said, Peeves informed me that you weren't alone tonight."

Seraphina slightly gasped, 'Peeves must have seen me.' She thought. 'I must have been closer enough to see the living of my robes.'

As Seraphina continues to justify how she couldn't have been seen, Scribner starts talking again. "If someone has coerced you, I would have you tell me. You're a bright boy, don't waste this."

Sebastian looks away in shame, he knew she was right. Although he wasn't coerced. This was all on him, he convinced Lucius to go through with the mission. Although he didn't convince Santos, she deserved to find answers for her twin- and that's when he realised. He was still in the restricted section for his twin Anne, they only came along for their own part. Regardless, it was still on him.

Sebastian looked up at the librarian before speaking, "there was nobody else, I came alone." He stated strongly.

Seraphina looked at him with disbelief, Sallows and her only knew eachother for a short period of time. The constant teasing on his behalf and their passive aggressive banter that continued still to this day, she did not expect him to still take the blame.

Lucius was also in disbelief as he still continued to stare at Sebastian. He also felt guilty for him taking the blame, however it was all over. There was nothing they could have done now.

"Oh, Sebastian. What will your uncle say?" Scribner asked rhetorically as she faced the other way and walked towards back to her desk, Peeves followed her. Lucius tapped on Seraphina shoulder and lead her away from the scene. Seraphina still had her eyes on Sebastian, who looked very defeated and a little disappointed.

"We gotta go." Lucius whispered to Seraphina she kept her focus on him until she finally looked away and exited the library.

"Did you atleast found what you wanted?" Seraphina asked, hoping to hear somewhat of good news despite the fact she nor Sebastian were able to find what they were looking for.

"I did. I trust you now, I'll tell you everything as soon as I can." Lucius answered.

"But for now, I'll walk you to Ravenclaw tower and go back to Slytherin common room. I'll let you know how Sebastian is in the morning if you're still worried about him." Lucius suggested as they both made their way towards centre hall.

"No need, I'll find him tomorrow. I have a few amends to make with him. Goodnight lucius." She said warmly as she made her way up to Ravenclaw tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A day had passed since the library incident and Seraphina had not run into Sebastian. It would be foolish to believe yourself if you can find a singular person in this giant school full of students. She found Lucius lurking around, but Sebastian was much sneakier. Just as she turned towards the transfiguration courtyard, a familiar voice came from behind her.