Chapter 1

Sunrays beamed into the window, only to disturb the beauty sleep of a cute angel. She pulled the duvet over her head and fell back into her beautiful sleep. However, her alarm had other plans to wake her up. She made faces upon hearing her alarm, sat up, and turned it off. Pouting, she went to the washroom to freshen up. After getting ready in a cute blue suit with full sleeves and fixing her hairstyle, her eyes fell on the diary in which something was peeking out. She took it and opened it, revealing an old photo with some scratches. She caressed it with love, tears forming in her eyes, and a smile touching her lips.

Roshni: "I miss you every day. I know you won't miss me. Still, it hurts, but it's okay. If you are happy, then I am happy. I know we are not destined together, but it's hard for me not to think about you," she said, wiping her tears with a sad smile.

She placed the photo inside her diary and kept it in her cupboard, as no one wanted to see her precious diary which held many of her feelings. Putting on a smile, she came down, taking her college bag, and went directly to the breakfast table, only to find her parents and brother already there. She hugged her father from behind, kissed his cheek, and greeted everyone.

Roshni: "Good morning, dad/ma/bhai."

Asad pa/Salma ma/Kabir: "Good morning, princess/Rosh/baby doll."

Asad pa: "Ready to start a fresh day?"

Roshni: "Yes, dad," she said with a smile.

Roshni turned to her mother. "Ma, what's for breakfast?"

Salma ma: "Aloo paratha, your favorite," she said, while Roshni clapped her hands in happiness like a child, and Kabir looked annoyed.

Kabir: "This is not fair! You two always pamper her, but not me. Poor me, please, God, help me," he said in a dramatic way, only to receive a smack from Salma ma, while Roshni and Asad laughed at him. Kabir fake-glared at them and continued his complaints like a child.

Kabir: "Ma!" he said, rubbing his head. "If I were at the Mehras' home, they would pamper me like Aman and Aryan, but my fate, I am here," he said dramatically, getting another smack on his head from his ma, while Asad laughed at his antics. Roshni's face lost its smile upon hearing his name; tears welled up in her doe eyes. His name was the only thing ringing in her ears. She was lost in her thoughts. It had been 7 years since she last met him. She composed herself and had her breakfast.

Asad pa: "Salma, tomorrow there is a party at the Mehras' home. Did Parveen Bhabhi inform you?"

Salma ma: "Yes, Parveen informed me last night," she said, while Kabir and Roshni looked at them curiously.

Kabir: "For what, dad? Is there anything special?"

Asad pa: "Of course, yes! Aman is returning after securing the highest project deal. He made Junaid and Parveen Bhabhi proud. He worked hard for this deal, and finally, he made it," he said, praising him.

Salma ma and Kabir smiled at him, knowing how much he admired Aman. Kabir didn't feel jealous or harbor hatred towards Aman because he knew that the Mehras and Seghals always felt proud of their children and praised them for even small achievements. They always supported and encouraged them. Roshni's heart beat faster upon hearing that he was returning after 7 years. FREAKING SEVEN YEARS, she was going to meet him. Her childhood crush, her first love, whom she admired from childhood, she was waiting for his love and attention, which she never received. The others were talking, while Roshni was lost in her own thoughts.

Roshni: "He is coming after 7 years. But what's the use? Again, he is going to behave like I never existed. Why is it always me to be ignored by him? Why, God? But I fell in love with him deeply. Aren't we destined together? I know we are not, but still it's..." Roshni sighed and wiped her tears without anyone noticing.

Asad pa: "Okay, I am leaving. Kabir, let's go. It's time," he said, patting Roshni's head, who smiled in return and nodded to Salma ma before leaving with Kabir.

Salma ma: "Rosh, after college, come directly to the Mehras' home. I need to help Parveen and Chandhi. We will have dinner there," she said, while cleaning the table with the help of workers.

Roshni: "Why, ma? I can't come. I need to study, ma," she said in a low voice.

Salma ma: "Please, dear. It's important for them, right? You can come there and study. You know everyone there loves you, right? If you don't come, they will feel sad, so no more arguments; you are coming, that's final," she said before going into the kitchen, leaving Roshni lost in her own thoughts.

Roshni (in her mind): "Yes, I can't hurt them because of him. They love me. But it's hard for me to go there. There are so many memories there. It reminds me of him, but I can ignore it. Yes, I will try my best to ignore him and his memories. Yes, Rosh, you can do it. It's hard for me, but still, I can try," she said, with tears in her eyes and a heavy heart. She took her college bag and went to college with her driver.

The whole day, she thought about HIM, yet she tried to distract herself from his memory but failed. Her mood was totally off. Every single thing around her reminded her of him. She sat under a tree, looking at the clouds and birds, but her thoughts were still about him. She had loved him since childhood but lacked the courage to confess it to anyone.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the final bell. She sighed and walked out of the college, where her driver was waiting for her. On the way, she bought some sweets for them. After a few minutes, her driver dropped her at the Mehras' home. She entered the home, only to find them waiting for her with a smile. Seeing their smiles, her face broke into a big smile. She hugged everyone and gave them the sweets she had brought.

[Continues...]

How was the chapter, guys?

Do tell me in the comment section, as I am eagerly waiting.

What do you guys think about Aman?

Any idea why Aman ignores Roshni?

Is he in love with someone else?