Chapter 5 - V2

Tw// implied/referenced suicide, implied/mentioned grieving, implied/mentioned crying

The call with the other eventually came to an end after Nick cleared up some things and he went back to staring at the ceiling. He put music on at some point but if anything it made him feel worse as the last time he'd listened to this playlist he was with Charlie. His catatonic state remained until his Mum shouted for him from downstairs.

"Nick! Can you come downstairs please?"

Reluctantly he hauled himself up and swung his legs over the side of his bed, trudging downstairs. 

"Yeah?"

"It's about Charlie, dear."

Nick perked up at the mention of the younger. 

"What is it?"

"Jane just called me and said the hospital has him in a stable condition but he'll have stay there for at least a day so that they can monitor him and then he'll have to go home and be on suicide watch for three days."

As Nick registered the words of Charlie being stable he broke into tears. He had been waiting for news of Charlie being ok ever since the ambulance left and he finally got confirmation he'd be ok. He ran up to his Mum and hugged her tight, crying into her shoulder as she reciprocated.

"Charlie's Mum and Dad have offered to pick you up and take you with them to the hospital, do you want to go?"

Nick nodded jerkily and wiped the tears from his eyes. His mum picked up her phone and presumably told Charlie's parents that he wanted to come with them, and Nick couldn't feel more relieved. The situation of Charlie being in the hospital because of a suicide attempt wasn't great, but he was stable and ok at elastic physically. 

A giddy sort of happiness took over his emotions and he set the kettle on for a cup of tea and ran upstairs to get his phone. He came back downstairs and sat at the kitchen counter looking at the group chat. It had gone quiet since their call, understandably so, but Nick wanted to tell them Charlie was ok to take some of the stress off their shoulders. He pressed the call button and everyone picked up quickly. He supposed they hadn't gotten up to much since their last call.

"Hi guys."

Everyone's tone was dampened and significantly more miserable than this morning. Most of the others had slightly swollen red eyes and had probably been crying. Nick wasn't in a too different state, but his tears were out of relief instead of sadness.

"Hey Nick."

"Mm."

"I have good news."

He pursed his lips, for some reason anxious. The other perked up at the mention of good news however.

"Charlie is ok. His mum called my mum and apparently he's stable but they'll need to keep him in the hospital until to tomorrow for monitoring, and then he'll have to benoni suicide watch. But he's ok."

A collection of sighs and small cries of relief were heard across the call and as the kettle clicked across the side of the room, Nick could see the relief and happiness flood into his friend's faces. They all knew it wasn't quite over, Charlie would need a lot of support and nothing would be quite the same, at least for a while. For now though they knew he was stable and that was more than enough for the five of them.

A/N I'm so bad updating regularly or with long chapters but you'll have to deal xoxo /lhj anyway it's only like 550 words but I figured I should feed you lonely hoes anyway/lh so enjoy the chapter *mwah*