Chapter 4:

Sea of Sand:

"92,898 bottles of tea on the wall! 92,898 bottles of tea!~" 

I sat behind Jay atop his walloper, holding to his shoulder with one hand while the other clasped my ear. 
When I figured it wasn't going to help, I just flicked my mask back on. I could forget anything having to do with Morro; this was much more annoying.
At least on the Bounty, I could hide out the noise in the girls' quarters with Nya. 

Kai seemed to have had his fill with the boys' singing as well, judging by the way he whipped his head back around. 

""You take one down, pass it around! 92,897--" 

"Enough!" he scolded. "I'm really thirsty! So we don't need to keep singing about tea!" 

"Hoho!" Cole taunted, looking over at the ginger and me. "Someone should've had their breakfast!" 

"Speaking of which, why did you skip yours, little girl?" 

"How am I supposed to be hungry at seven in the morning? And who are you calling little?" 

Kai groaned, interrupting the playful bickering between my brother and me.

"We've been following the sun for hours," he complained. "We should've arrived at Stiix already." 

"But Stiix is on the eastern coast." Zane informed. "We should be riding away from the sun!" 

All of the wallopers ceased moving. 

"Whyyy are you just telling us now?!" Ninjago's lightning ninja questioned, in reprimand of the nindroid. 

"Because, Kai wanted to lead." 

"Great! We're officially lost! We had a leg up, but noooo! Kai wanted to lead!" 

I felt like a child listening to their parents argue on a road trip. 

"I swear! My gut says we should be following the sun." 

"You're arguing with a nindroid! He's a walking computer! Why is it when Lloyd's gone, we look to Kai? We should really be following Zane." 

"You know, he is the most logical choice." 

"Ladies, you're all pretty," I exhaled, burying my head in the ginger's back. "Can we just go, now? The quicker we get to Stiix, the quicker we find the scroll." 
I kept my arms around Jay's waist as the walloper began moving again. 

"Well, I still think it's that way, and when I learn Airjitzu first, we'll see who's right!" 

I could hear from behind as the brunet tried to fight his respective animal, only to give up with a grunt. 

"Fine, we'll follow Zane." 

Zane led the way to a set of railroad tracks, and we watched as his beast picked up speed. 

"He's already found something!" Cole pointed out (as if it wasn't already obvious). "Let's go!" 

We all followed suit. 

"Train tracks!" 

"They lead straight to Stiix." 

"Hey, you hear that, Kai? They lead! To Stiix!" 

"Follow the sun, huh?" 

"We follow Zane, and look what happens!" 

"But, Sensei said the path we seek is never a straight line." the fire ninja argued.