Explanations

Iris sat close to Barry's side, still in the same position she had been since his surgery three hours before. The monitor beeped steadily as she held his hand, reminding her of his days in a coma. Iris looked at him tenderly, lovingly.
"She loves him, you know. She just doesn't seem to realize it now." Bast told Oliver, watching the two from the door. The green archer nodded, coming to stand beside her. While the girl watched them, Oliver considered her appearance.
Bast had changed out of her heavy armored outfit. She instead chose to dress in a black, spandex crop top that hugged her chest a few inches below her breasts. Along with that, she wore a black skirt with slits in the sides so as to allow free leg movement, the kind a native American huntress would wear. Along with that, a silver arm band was clamped around her upper arm. Currently, she was in human form.
"Like something?" Bast asked, her eyebrows raised at him. Oliver flushed, quickly changing the subject. "How did you find us? And why would you help Barry?"
Bast was quiet for few minutes before responding. "It takes a bit more than a compound bow to knock me out, and Cisco saw me when I was sneaking out. Before they could do anything about it though, Caitlin and Cisco heard Barry squabbling with Mindbender. I heard him over the comm and high-tailed it down there. Just in time to see Barry get stabbed." Bast got a far away look in her eyes.
"I don't know why I couldn't just leave him, but I guess... he just looked like someone else I knew. Seeing him like that, I couldn't let Mindbender do that to someone else's life." Her hands clenched by her sides, and a growl rumbled loudly in her throat.
Oliver was hesitant about his next question. "How did you get there so fast?" Bast grinned mischievously. "Well, you'll just have to find out then won't you?"
Bast leaned against the wall. "My turn. Why did you come out of retirement? Did you miss it?" She tilted her head in a very cat-like manner. Oliver shrugged. "Laurel called me when you beat the living crap of of Roy. And Felicity promised to stay behind and help look after things while I tracked you down. And, yeah, I missed it."
Bast opened her mouth to say something else, when Barry suddenly shot up on the bed. He fell back down with a thud, groaning. Iris squeaked with delight, then slapped him lightly across the face. "Don't you ever scare me like that again!" She commanded. Bast and Oliver backed away slowly, knowing the scarlet speedster was about to get it.
"OW! Iris, what are you doing here?" Barry exclaimed, struggling to sit up. Iris crossed her arms over her chest, scowling at him. "Your little tiger buddy came and got me when you were stabbed. Barry, how could you not tell me? Do you know how painful it is to watch your best friend get surgery because there's a knife in his gut? I thought you were never going to wake up!" She ran a hand over her face. "I - I - I need some air." Iris fled from the room, her face a mess of tears. "Iris, wait!"
Barry tried to go after her, but was stopped by Caitlin. "Give her some time Barry, she hasn't had any time to process it because of all the time she spent with you. She never once left you during the surgery."
"Oh," Barry croaked. "Argh! Joe's gonna kill me when he finds out." He was interrupted by a steady, insistent beeping from the computer.
Caitlin rushed over to the computer, giving Barry a harsh look when he attempted to follow her. She typed furiously on the computer, letting out a frustrated sigh when she couldn't get the live feed up. "Cisco! Your stupid computer won't work for me!"
Cisco emerged from his work space, setting down a bundle of wires on a nearby table. "I told you, you have to treat her with respect." Sliding over next to her, Cisco typed quickly before live camera feed popped up on the screen. "See?" He said cheekily. A strange expression crossed his face as he looked down at the monitor. He played it back a couple times before calling out: "Oliver! Bast! Barry! You're going to want to see this."

...

The gang watched the silver and blue blur run past the monitor for the umpteenth time before Oliver finally asked: "Who, or what, is that?"
"I don't know. The scanners picked up news of a bank robbery, and then that thing showed up out of nowhere and took credit of the problem." Cisco told him. Bast was watching the monitors intently, her face ghostly pale. "And nobody caught sight of what it could be?" She asked.
"No. Are you okay Bast? You don't look so good." The techy looked at her concernedly. "I'm fine." Bast said gruffly. "I'm going outside," Bast said, changing into her cat guise. "If anybody needs me, I'll be one the roof."
Seeing everyone's worried expressions, she said, "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill anyone." Turning out of the room, she finished: "Yet."
'Nova, what are you doing in Central City?' She thought.

...
Oliver studied the signal the tracker he had placed on Bast was emitting. "And just where do you think you're going?" He murmured.

A/N Ooooo....Who is Nova? You'll never find out! Mwah, ha ha!!!
I'm totally joking. Anyway, sorry for the short chapter. The next one will be longer, I promise. Later!
P.S Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation! : )