Chapter 18: Stuck In A Dream

A couple days later....

Neveah's POV

   This can't be!

  I can't be pregnant with HIS baby!

   No!

   "Ms.Jenkins? Excuse me Ms.Jenkins? Did you hear me?"

  Snapping out of my thoughts, I blinked a couple times before I readjusted my focus back on the doctor and student intern that was on either side of me.

  "Uh. Can you repeat the question please? I'm sorry."

"I was asking if you were ready for the gel to go on your stomach. It's a bit cold so I didn't wanna startle you by just putting it on," The doctor says turning to me.

"Uh yea I'm ready. You can go ahead," I replied still feeling like I was in a dream and I needed to wake up NOW!!

"Lovely. Now if you look at the screen, let's find your little one. It isn't much to see yet, but they is in there somewhere. Aha there they are."

"It looks like a small nugget," Momma softly laughed. "I remember when you were in my tummy you were the size of a peanut. You were so small."

The doctor and student intern chuckled along with her.

"Momma!"

She laughed again. "What? I'm just saying what you looked like when you were growing in my belly."

"That's embarrassing!" I whispered folding my arms over my face attempting to hide from my embarrassment.

"Don't worry darling. I was di same way wid my twins. I would tease dem all di time," The intern smiles. "Dem couldn't tek it atall. Now dem get big and in college."

She seem to have a accent but I can't put my finger on where she's from.

Looking back at the screen again, I can't believe there's a person growing inside me. I thought I would never see the day so soon that I'm pregnant. This is a blessing in a nightmare.

I refuse to acknowledge the devil in the room. My mom told him to come and I roll my eyes, but kept quiet about it.

*45 minutes later*

"Alright let me go ahead and measurements and the pictures for you momma and I'll be out your way," The doctor says. "Maybe next time would get to hear the heart beat."

"That would be lovely," My mom grins. "I can't wait!"

"Actually can we get two sets of pictures one for me and one for the other parent please?" I asked after wiping off my stomach.

"Uh sure no problem," The doctor nods.

************************************

Hakeem's POV

Neveah hasn't said a word to me since she found she was pregnant with my baby. She didn't even try looking my way at all.

"Nev-"

"Don't."

"Neveah! You're gonna have to talk to him whether you like it or not. You're carrying his child and my grandbaby!" Her mom hissed. "Stop acting out!"

"But mom-"

"Don't momma me!"

   Her accent was slowly coming out so that's how you know she starting to get real upset.

"Uh...did I come back at a bad time? I just came to drop the ultrasound pictures," The doctor says. "Here love. Enjoy the rest of your evening and don't forget to follow up with us if anything seems wrong with you or the baby before your next appointment."