01. THE ARREST

There was a famous fitness coach in a small town in Boston, Massachusetts. Her name was Marian Paroo. She was 26. She made tons of DVDs, CDs, and books, giving training advice.

She was raised by her mother, Mrs. Paroo, and her now deceased father. She had a brother, Winthrop Paroo, who was 12.

Here she was in her own house, training a young girl named Amaryllis, who was also around Winthrop's age, to get "whipped into shape." They were using jump ropes and sweating a lot.

Marian yelled, "If you're not in pain, you're not doing it right!"

"Okay!" Amaryllis responded happily.

Mrs. Paroo came trudging down the stairs and shook her head in disappointment at Marian. She couldn't believe her daughter was making a living of being a fitness coach. She had no husband nor child. Mrs. Paroo went back upstairs before the girls could catch her peering,

Marian and Amaryllis were panting and their muscles burned at that point. Still, they didn't stop.

Now, we're introducing another member of the story. Harold Hill was a police officer. He was 30, and originally from a small town in Iowa. He played and had a strong devotion to music, keep this in mind.

Harold Hill burst through the door by kicking it open. Marian dropped to her knees in fear and raised her arms, as if she knew why they came in. She kept ordering Amaryllis to not stop, and so she didn't.

"Don't you stop, Amaryllis!"

Harold legally couldn't shoot a child so he stood there dumbfounded. He had originally been there for reports of child endangerment and child labor, and he could see why someone would think that was going on.

"Uhm, kid, you can stop." Harold tried to stop Amaryllis.

"WHAT DOES NOT KILL US MAKES US HOTTER!" Amaryllis shouted.

Hill decided to ignore the child and just put Marian in handcuffs. Harold lowered Marian's arms and hancuffed them behind her back.

"Anything you say will be used against you in court," Harold mumbled. He was kinda sick of his job.

But time stopped.

Nothing moved.

Except for Marian and Amaryllis.

Marian's handcuffs weren't yet fully secured, so she wriggled out of them. Then came people with orange prison suits and jumpropes knocking down the walls. Marian felt that this was her MOMENT.

••••••••••••

"Hi, I'm Marian Paroo, and welcome back to the Disc 2 challenge at being the best that we can be. Now, grab your Cardio Whip 5000, cause if you wanna get ripped, you gotta get whipped."

"Do you want an easy miracle? Do you wanna lose a pound or two?

Well, you can turn this off right now, my workout's not for you."

They got into formation with Marian in the front. She was kinda scared because she was moving against her own will.

"I'm talking to the woman who wants it all, gotta pay for what you get.

Cause size two clothes don't come to those too lazy to sweat."

They were now performing Whipped Into Shape. She was kinda eating this up.

"I want you whipped into shape

When I say jump, say, "how high"

You know you're doing it right

When you start to cry

If you don't look like you should

You got to

Whip it, whip it, whip it good

I'm sorry, ladies, no escape, 'till you're whipped into shape!"

••••••••••••

Marian had no idea what was going on. After the song, she was sweating like crazy. It's okay though, because when she snapped, she and Amaryllis weren't anymore.

"That was kinda cool." Amaryllis whispered.

"Shh," Marian shushed Amaryllis, "I don't think they saw that. Get back in the position you were in."

Marian went back into the handcuffs and Amaryllis continued to awkwardly stand there. When they looked back to the highlighter dancers, they were all gone and the walls were back to normal.

In the blink of an eye, time continued.

"Come on, in my car." Hill ordered, taking Marian out of the house.

Mrs. Paroo came down the stairs, confused.
"What's all the ruckus?"
She stood there when she saw Marian wasn't there anymore. She shrugged and went back upstairs.

Amaryllis stood confused and in shock.