1) How to Love a Sheldon

Word Count: 765
*Leonard's POV*

"Leonard. Leonard. Leonard. Leonard. Leonard. Leonard. Leonard. Leonard." Sometimes I think that I hear something during my morning mug of tea. Perhaps a little chirping sound from maybe half a metre away, like an annoying bird has broken in and perched carefully just outside of punching range. If I ignore it for long enough, it starts tapping my shoulder, three quick pecks at a time with one finger before retracting just incase I snap. It usually takes a deep, exasperated breath to turn around and face it, exaggerating a forced smile that often made the irritation take a small step back with the signature look of confusion mixed with offence on his face.

"What do you want, Sheldon?" I glare at him before taking another sip of tea and both our expressions turned back to normal. He stares blankly at me for a moment. "Not planned that far ahead, honey?" He looks down at the floor to hide his little smile and blush at the pet name. I smirk at his quite frankly adorable reaction.

"Can we go to the comic book store after work today? Also I need another t-shirt after I accidentally burnt through that one during my laser experiment.. oh and can we please get some more of those little chocolates that Penny introduced me to?" Sheldon blabbers, remembering what he wanted to ask. He stares at me expectantly as I process what he said, taking an embarrassingly long time to do so due to the unfortunate mix of my ADHD along with my first-thing-in-the-morning brain.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Although you better share the chocolates with me if I'm driving you around everywhere after work today - we need to leave a little earlier so I can stop for gas on the way, that reminds me," I answer, finishing my tea and washing the mug out quickly and leaving it to dry by the sink.

"Are we still getting pizza for dinner today with Raj and Howard?" he asks, following me in his rabbit-like way into our bedroom and nodding as I hold up one of his t-shirts and a long-sleeved undershirt in a silent asking-if-that's-a-good-pairing-for-the-day.

"Yes, and also I need to check if Penny is joining us or not - are these trousers okay for you today?" I confirm, although he did mention yesterday that they would be. He nods again and I hand them to him along with the shirts selected. He picks out his socks and underwear as I choose my own clothes for the day, changing out of my nightclothes and into my normal ones. I sit down next to Sheldon on the bed to pull on my socks, reminding him of what he and I are doing at work today so that he meets me in the right place at the end of the day.

About an hour later, I yell at Sheldon to hurry up, and he scuttles towards to door, grabbing his satchel on the way. I catch him as he slides to a foolishly-planned stop without shoes on, pulling him down slightly and going on tip-toes to kiss him gently, which I know both he and I always absolutely adore. I make a quick stop at Penny's, asking about pizza later as Sheldon puts his shoes on, before heading down to my car.

We arrive at CalTech at the same time as Howard and Raj, and walk in as a group before going our separate ways, each going to their respective departments.

I go to collect Sheldon from his office before signing out, smiling contently as he takes my hand in his on the way to the car. I squeeze it gently, asking about his day and treasuring the fluttering feeling in my chest as he rambles on excitedly about string theory and how he accidentally kidnapped an eight-year-old on a school trip who wandered into his office and asked about the diagrams. I was in hysterics by the time we reached the car, and he had the sweet grin on his face that he gets when he tells a genuinely really funny story like that. Apparently the kid and him were absolutely oblivious to the panic they were causing for the teachers, not to mention the CalTech staff conducting the tour who searched every corner and cupboard before they found the pair in a very happy, relaxed conversation about how string theory can, in fact, be compared to ramen noodles.

By God, how I love this man.