Planning and preparation

Even though Wednesday had told Enid she would be happy with whatever she chose, Enid was still worrying about the date. She had three days until Friday, their designated date night, and she was freaking out. She had been trying to figure out what she would do ever since they returned from the cemetery. All the ideas she had come up with didn't work for both of them or had already been done.

It hit her how little time she had left when Wednesday mentioned how much she was looking forward to it earlier. So now Enid was panicking big time. She had wasted four days doing nothing, and now she had to do everything in just three, two if she planned for the date to be earlier in the day.

As soon as Wednesday left for her Hummers meeting, Enid began pacing the room and thinking out loud, trying to come up with anything, but after thirty minutes, she had only retread the ground she had only been walking for the last four days.

"We had a meal together last time, so I don't want to do that. We went on a canoe ride two months ago, so it's too early to repeat that, there are no escape rooms nearby, and we already solved a mystery together, so that's off the table. I taught her how to make snoods last time. Coffee would remind her of Tyler. THERE'S NOTHING TO DO!"

Enid flops onto her bed dramatically and flings her arm over her eyes. A knock sounds at the door, and Enid cringes at the thought of Wednesday coming back early and hearing her outburst. "Who is it." She asks, holding onto the hope of it being Davina or someone else who could help her. Instead of a reply, another knock rings out through the room. "Fine, I'm coming," Enid says, pulling herself up and shuffling towards the door.

"What do you want?" Enid throws the door open only to find the entryway empty. "Hello?" She pears around for a second without seeing anyone. "Is someone here?" Another round of tapping sounds on the door, and she looks over to see things hanging on the door nob. "Oh, Thing. Why did you knock? You know you can just come right in."

Thing swings off the door and lands on the ground before he begins communicating in a mix of miming, fingerspelling, and ASL. "You bad mood, not make worse."

"It's fine, Thing. I'm just stressing about something. Where's Wednesday."

"Bees. Not need me. Free time?"

"Oh. Do you want the room for yourself? I can go somewhere else. I know you don't get a lot of time for yourself.

"No. I help you."

"You don't have to Thing. I'll figure it out on my own."

"When you stress Wednesday, Stress. I help you."

"Ok, fine."

"What your problem?"

"I have no idea what to do for our date" Enid scoops things up and brings him into the room so she can close the door.

As soon as she sets him on Wednesday's desk, Thing begins talking again. "Dinner"

"Already done"

"Walk by lake."

"We went canoeing there already. Maybe we could go back in a little bit, but not now."

"Movie." Thing scrunches his fingers up in what Enid can only assume in a shrug.

"What movie could we both watch? I can't stomach horror, and it's basically the only genera she tolerated."

"Documentary?"

"We are not watching a documentary for date night."

"Middle ground. Death, no gore."

"What kind of movie about death doesn't have any gore in it?"