Prologue

"That is so stupid!" You laughed, rolling onto your back hands falling to your side to play with the growing green grass.

"And that is some foul language for a lady." Haythem chuckled, laying down next to you. His hand reached out, folding into yours. Your body heated up, turning your head to him and smiling, he returned the smile, the sun bringing out the colour in his eyes and skin.

"When do you leave?" You whispered, you tried to keep yourself from sobbing, not wanting Haythem to see you cry. After Edward Kenway's death, Haythem joined the Templars. You were supportive of the decision, wanting him to be happy, but watching him leave the place he grew up in, the place that you lived, made your heart break. For so long you have loved him, watching as he flirted with other women, occasionally staring at how their corsets pushed their breasts up.

Unlike you, who wore your brothers old clothes, loose pants and a buttoned shirt, usually covered in dirt. Your family did not have enough coin to buy such nice clothing, like the clothing the women wore as they fanned at the men they fancied.

"I leave in the morning." His thumb rubbed against your knuckles, you nodded, bitting your lip. "You're doing it again."

"Doing what?" You muttered, removing your hand from his, curling your hands up in your lap, he sighed at the action, turning on his side.

"When you bite your lip. You're thinking too much about something."

"You know nothing, Haythem." You snap, standing up and brushing your pants and shirt down, tucking the loose hair behind your ears. "Thank you for the picnic. I enjoyed it a lot." You started to walk down the hill towards the town.

"y/n! please. Wait!" You heard footsteps behind you and a hand wrap around your wrist, pulling you towards him. "If I could take you with me I would."

"Then take me with you. What's stopping you?" You question, you voice laced with plea.

"I-I dont know." You sigh. Pulling your wrist away from his hand and started to walk again.

"Goodbye Haythem."