1

"Y/n! Have you got the bag!" Your mother shouted up the stairs, your head hit the shelf as you tried to get up, cursing, you made your way down the stairs, trying to hold the heavy suitcase.

"Why can't we take multiple bags?" You whine rubbing your biceps once you place the bag in front of your older brother, Tom.

"Quit whining." Tom sneered, giving you a punch on the shoulder, smirking at you.

"Come on now sweetie, you're going to see your best friend! Lighten up!" Your mother cheered at you, giving a soft smile.

"Yeah." You frown.

-----

"You are in Boston!" Your father took the bag you held, walking down one of the alleys. "I have a friend in Boston, he told me to go to this hotel."

Your parents, brothers and yourself looked up at the hotel. A run down wooden place, the sign half hanging off the supporting pole.

"Great." You huff, following them inside.

Haytham had been writing to you while he has been away, he has been given the title of 'Grand Master'. He has also been given you a date that he can meet, which happened to be tomorrow, so you needed to rest well tonight.

Lots of things have changed since you last saw Haythem. Your father had started a job that was giving your family lots of coin, you have been able to buy so many dresses and fans, you were so excited when you got your first dress tailored, so many men had come to your door step asking your father if they could court you. He refused. And you thanked him for that.

That night you could not sleep, thinking too much about the next day and the man you will be meeting. Someone you haven't seen in so long. It frightened you. What if stands you up, what if he is married? You wouldn't be surprised, he was an attractive boy, well, man now, tomorrow you will see how he looks, you think he will look the same as he looked when he was younger. You believe he will be more handsome, the veins showing in his hands, and his hair so silky-

No. You cannot think of him like that, it has been obvious that he did not share those feelings.

-----

You held the crinkled letter in your hands, trying to work out which street was what, looking at the numbers on the homes, and the different landmarks you knew were in Boston.

You had to be close, it was just a simple restaurant. That is how Haytham described it. 'For a meal and a couple of drinks, my shout.' You know he will be surprised that you did not drink alcohol anymore, you stuck with a simple juice or water. Your mother said clothes change people, and you definitely feel changed. You squinted, covering the top of your eyes to avoid the sun as you looked at the street sign.

"Y/n?" You heard a familiar voice from behind you, turning around quickly, eyes widening.

"Haytham!" You stuffed the letter into your corset top, between your breasts before running up to him, wrapping your arms around your neck. "How long has it been!" Haytham chuckled as he lightly laid his arms around your waist.

"Too long." He moved his hands up to your shoulders, softly pushing you off of him. "You look...different."

"Good different or bad different." You smiled up at him, opening your fan up and fanning your face.

"Good...different." His eyes widened, speaking like he had run out of breath. "Anyways. The restaurant was in front of you the whole time, it was funny seeing you try and find it."

"You ass!" You whacked him with your fan, letting out a laugh.

"Act how you dress, my dear."

'Oh my god.' You thought almost melting at the fact he called you 'my dear.' You shook the feeling, walking behind him as he led the way into the place. It was more of a bar than a restaurant, but you didn't mind.

"A beer for you?" Haytham questioned, as you both made your way to the stools.

"A water, thanks." You smiled at him, walking off towards a low table, before leaving you caught a glimpse of a smile on Haytham's face. You played with your fan as you watched Haytham walk over with your water and his own drink, sitting down on the seat across from you.

You both sat in silence as you sipped at your drinks, giving small side eyes, and a soft smile whenever you would make eye contact. You thoughts took over you, causing you to not have control of what came out of your mouth.

"Are you courting anyone?" You blurted out, clearing your throat as his eyes widened.

"Pardon?"

"Are you cour...please don't make me ask it again." A slight blush filled your cheeks, biting down onto your lip.

"You still do it." He chuckled, shaking his head. "Surprised you haven't made it bleed."

"Actually on the way here it did bleed. Got it all over my dress." You gave a quick smile. Lord. You were rambling. 

"How are the family-."

"-Good! They are good." You both nod your heads. "How is your...work?"

"Eventful." He smiled, taking a big gulp of his drink, finishing it. Haytham did not know what to think, you were so beautiful, you had changed so much. Of course he had lots of fathers come up to him to ask him to court their daughters, he refused. He did not have a reason to marry, he was happy alone, work used up most of his time anyway.

"I think it's best for me to head back to the hotel."

"Of course!" He followed you out of the restaurant, standing at the door, waiting for you to leave.

"Are you not going to walk me home Grand Master." You gave him a smirk.

"Oh-yes! Yes of course!" He quickly composed himself, running his hands over his jacket before moving his arm out for you to grab, you gladly linked your arm into his.

'Stupid man.' He thought to himself, he should've known. It was getting late, and this area wasn't the best for women to be walking alone.

"Where is your hotel?"

"Uh-the one down the small avenue?" You we're not sure of the name, hoping he would know.

"Ah yes. I know the one. Do you know how ba-"

"-my fathers friend told him to go there. It was too late to change the reservation letter we sent." You have a quick smile to him, afterwards not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Oh-I see. Our base isn't far from here, and your hotel is quite far, did you want to perhaps...come with me instead?" He had stopped walking, turning his body towards you.

"That...would be nice." You smiled at him. "Show the way Mister Kenway." You grinned, letting him direct you to where he was based.

Hello loves! I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter! :)