ch. eight

arriving home and going up to my room, i take a quick shower before doing a bit of school work.

pushing away from my desk, i get up, just to flop onto my bed afterwards, checking my phone.

oh, wow— i have a lot of missed texts from the group chat..

_______________________________________
seij-hoes

matsu
hope u guys know i'm walking her tomorrow

makki
think u mean WE, buddy

mattsu
i didn't stutter

tooru
this isn't fair
ugh
speaking of
i miss my katsumi

matsu
she's in this chat bro
literalky just text her

makki
u have an unhealthy obsession bro

tooru
I KNEO
she's just so cute
omg
i wnana squish her cheeks
like little marshmallows :'(

iwa
what.
the.
fuck.

tooru
NOT THOSE CHEEKS OH MY GOD

matsu
WE KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT
JUST
STOP TALKING ABOUT IT????

makki
i hate this chat more than morning warm ups

hiii

tooru
KATSUMIIIIIIQIWOWJDJF!

tooru!

makki
thank god ur here
oikawa's been going crazy

tooru
have not.

matsu
we're not arguing about this bro

im about to go to sleep
i just wanted to say goodnight!

tooru
GOODNIGHT SWEETUMS

makki
man you couldn't think of anything better??
goodnight

matsu
pls never say 'sweetums' ever again bro
goodnight katsumi

iwa
night.

matsu
yeah never say it again or i'll get iwaizumi on you

tooru
NO PLEASE
_______________________________________

i briefly giggle at the nickname oikawa wrote and shut off my phone, slowly dozing off in silence.

~~~

i'm woken up by my alarm in the morning, slightly startled. i get up from my bed and head to the bathroom to do my usual morning routine.

"sumi! come down here for a second, you have a visitor!" my father calls out to me from downstairs after i put on my uniform. i get my school bag and phone before heading downstairs. i see a familiar head of swooped, brown hair on the couch.

"katsumi-chan! good morning~" oikawa turns his head to the staircase.

"tooru-senpai! what're you doing here?"

"i wanted someone to walk to school with! iwa-chan wouldn't answer my texts.."

"i'll walk with you!"

"reaaaaally?!" a smile grows on oikawa's face. i nod, making oikawa softly chuckle as i go to the kitchen to make my bento box before breakfast.

oikawa eats breakfast with my father and i, the two going on about volleyball.

"katsumi-chan, you should play with us again this afternoon!" oikawa exclaims.

"i should?"

"mhm! you were great yesterday~"

i shrug with a smile. "sure, if mizo-chan will let me!"

we finish up breakfast and leave my house right after.

"katsumi?" oikawa questions once were outside, stopping in front of the door.

i positively hum in response.

"wanna ride on my back?"

this is really random..

"are you sure..?"

oikawa nods with a smile, crouching down in front of me after taking my bag from my hands. i wrap my arms around his neck as he hold onto my legs, standing up straight again.

"let's goooo~" oikawa jogs down the road and to school.

~~~

he makes it to school way faster than i could've on foot.

oikawa crouches down to set me on the ground, "how was the ride?" he questions, wiping his forehead.

"good..? i don't really know how to answer that.." my lips purse. oikawa giggles before lightly grasping my wrist and pulls me to the gymnasium.

"tooru-senpai, is my dad coming today?" i question as we near the gymnasium.

"hm? i don't think so, he told me he was going somewhere— y'know it just clicked that that's why he asked me to walk with you.."

"katsumi!" mattsun and makki interrupt once we enter the gym.

i send them both a wave.

"katsumi, come here." mizoguchi calls out as oikawa gives me back my bag. i go over to the bench where mizoguchi's seated.

"could you go get the water bottles in the storage room?"

"oh, sure!" i set my bag down on the bench and go over to the storage room. i open the door to kunimi, setting his volleyball bag down on the rack. i give him a small smile before going to the other rack.

oh great, the bottles are on the top shelf. i turn to see kunimi about to leave the storage room.

"uh- kunimi-kun?" i catch his attention before he walks out.

he turns his head over his shoulder before completely turning around.

i briefly point to the water bottles. he comes over to me and easily grabs both carriers, handing them to me.

"thanks!" i state before walking back out to the court. as i make it back to the bench, mizoguchi asks me to fill up the bottles as well. luckily, there's a drinking fountain near the doors of the gymnasium!

"...nd then- woah, who's that cutie?" i hear someone question from outside the gymnasium. i look to the side to see a group of three boys gazing at me. i send them a small wave before they walk away from the doors at quite a fast pace.

i recognize one of them from my class with yuri, but have no clue who the other two are..

finishing up filling the bottles, i go back over to the bench and hand them to mizoguchi, picking up my notes book and flipping through the pages, looking at my previous entries to see what i can improve on.