perfect 🌙

"

"...do you think he'll find it weird if i give him chocolate?"

you were on the phone with hu tao, desperate for advice if you should give xiao the chocolate you had handmade for him tomorrow.

part of you was in denial about your feelings for him, but the other part recognized them and embraced them, which led you to impulsively making chocolate for him the night before valentine's day.

"y/n, you'll be fine! everybody gives their friends chocolate on valentine's day." hu tao replied, in an attempt to comfort you.

"i'm just...i don't know how he'll feel about me afterwards if i give it to him. things might get awkward-"

"uuugh, listen to me! he won't find it weird. or awkward! if anything, he'll probably appreciate it. maybe even more..." she smirked on the other end of the call. you could hear her sounds of excitement as you rolled your eyes and fiddled with your nails.

"well, fine. i'll trust you this time. i have to go to bed anyways now, it's getting late. i'll tell you how stuff goes tomorrow." you sigh, waiting for her response.

"sounds good! let me know if you guys are dating by the end of the day!" she giggled.

"h-hey! we are not—"

beeeeep.

...she hung up on you.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

you were internally FREAKING OUT.

the school day was almost over, and you still hadn't given him the chocolate. of course, many girls gave him chocolate during lunch while you two sat together. however, he just stuffed them all in his bag somehow, not paying mind to them any way whatsoever.

...hopefully, you wouldn't be put into that pile.

your leg was bouncing repeatedly, waiting for the sound of the bell to dismiss class for the day. five minutes....four.....two.....one...

thirty....seconds....

ah, finally! the bell!

"hmm, should i just go up to him...? or should i text him to meet me somewhere?" you mumbled to yourself, putting on your backpack and taking your time to walk down the hallways to the exit as people ran past you.

you weren't looking before bumping into someone...

the exact person you were looking for.

"x...xiao?!"

taken aback, your face flushed red as you immediately backed away from him. his expression was the same as always...but his gaze seemed a bit softer than usual.