Perfect Taste

A new morning has started, and Haeng-son is the first to be in the store. She started her day experimenting with new recipes and dishes to sell in the store. After a few moments, Yeong-ju finally entered the store and joined Haeng-son.

"What are we making today?" Yeong-ju asked she went to her back to inspect what she was doing.

"I'm trying to experiment with new dishes we could serve in the store," Haeng-son answered.

"What do we have so far?"

"Here taste it..." as she fed a handful of sample batter.

She looked confused and bluntly said, "It tastes off."

"Oh, what was what? It is just bean sprout jo-, Oh I get it now. That's on me, I forgot the salt."

"You're getting out of focus, is there something that happened last night?"

The two best friends looked into each other's eyes, communicating something.

"It is not something you think of..." Haeng-son smirked at her, then added salt to the batter and continued mixing.

Haeng-son fried the jeon and then placed it on a tray ready to display for sale.

Everyone went down already in the store to see Haeng-son before they leave.

"Wow, this is new Eomma." Hae-e said as she saw the freshly cooked jeon that are still smoking hot.

"Taste it." As she offers the tray to Hae-e and Jae-woo.

The two looked at each other, they cannot even bite it completely.

"Eomma... it's sweet, too sweet." Hae-e said calmly but honestly to her mother.

"What?" Haeng-son is heavily surprised.

Then Haeng-son got to taste her cooking.

"Omo... how is this gonna be? I already cooked it all." Haeng-son is worried about the huge batch of jeon she needs to throw out because truly is sweet and for sure no one would buy it.

"Okay... what do we have here?" Chi-yeol enters the shop smelling something great.

"Let's see." No one asked him, he was not asked, yet he is already holding a fork and taking some jeon. Then he fetches a bowl and placed it. He ate the first jeon, and everyone can see on his face the deliciousness of what he is eating. Yet all of them are confused because they know it is the bad batch. Haeng-son cannot even accept his reaction, even if it was good, she is pissed maybe he's just sugarcoating it for her.

Everyone is watching him, while he took more jeon, but now layering it with gochujang. Then he took rice and put it in his bowl, then eat it like there's no tomorrow.

"Ah, this is so delicious!" Chi-yeol exclaimed.

Haeng-son cannot handle it, so she hit him so hard.

"Ah, why?" he asked.

"You're no help, from now on you're banned to taste my experimental recipes, you cripes."

"Why? This is truly delicious, I'm not even kidding."

"I'm tired of you saying that. Just go!" she said as she pushed him to the door and slammed it close.

Chi-yeol still has the bowl, looking like a kid locked out of the door. He looked that glass seeing Haeng-son is furious at him even though he can only see her back. He took one last bite then he went to his car and brought the bowl with him.

Night has come, and Chi-yeol just got home. Then he immediately saw the tray of "bad batch" of the bean sprouts jeon Haeng-son cooked earlier, in their dining table. Without a rice, Chi-yeol enjoyed the jeon itself with a gochujang on the side. He knows Haeng-son is gonna throw it, but it is too good to be wasted for his belief. All Haeng-son cooking is good, it comforts him in every way. No matter how wrong or bad was it, he can't stop saying how good it is for him.

Chi-yeol has a full mouth, and just doesn't know how to stop when suddenly something or someone hit him on the back really hard.

You can see in his eyes a big WHAT DID I DO, WHY DID YOU HIT ME? Then the bowl he is holding drops and the metal clinging could be heard.

"Where did the bad batch go?" Haeng-son asked.

"I-I ate all of them," Chi-yeol answered.

"I told you they were bad batches!"

"But I cannot waste something this good. At least I ate them all than to be wasted."

"You know, you-. Okay, I appreciate that you like all my cooking. But as a teacher, you know... you know that your student will not improve if they never know their mistake. So please, please be honest with me, okay? Because this is fraustrating!"

"What if everything you do is perfect?" he said as he looks into her eye sincerely.

"Aish, Cripes!" and then he hit him again, roll her eyes, and continued what she just going to do.

It is already everyone's bedtime and Chi-yeol is the last one to get into the room. He saw Haeng-son just scrolling through her iPad and ignoring his presence.

He went to bed and lay on her side. He grabbed her arms and lay on her saying "Honey, I'm sorry I just can't see how to correct you. Since the day I met you, you were already perfect all along. I'm always the person to find the wrong answer because I keep denying you were the right solution and answer to my problems, so I hope you could forgive and understand me. I will try my best to teach you to help you in all my power."

Haeng-son finally turned around on him and look into his eyes.

"You will try your best, really?" she asked.

"I promise I will improve for you." They were about to kiss when Chi-yeol felt something bad inside him.

He suddenly run out of their room, went straight to the bathroom, and vomited.

Haeng-son followed immediately and knocked on the door panicking that it opened. "Are you okay?" she asked.

Chi-yeol really feels the stomachache he's having and looked at Haeng-son after being embarrassed and realizing he should've listened to her.

Haeng-son now put her hands on her waist, looking at him saying I told you so? Then Chi-yeol just went back to vomiting.

They went back to the kitchen, and Chi-yeol is just relieving his pain. Haeng-son opened a bottle of medicine and hand it to him.

"I know, I know... you told me so." He said.

"Glad you know." The she chuckled.

"I promise to listen more to you from then on, too." He drinks the medicine, and then afterward he pulls Haeng-son to him and kissed her.

Haeng-son rubbed his hair, and then "Get well soon, my Love I don't want you to be sick you know?"

"I will, and that's all thanks to you." He stood up and kissed her again.

And then they walked back to their room, chuckling about what just happened.

And then the night just passed away as they laughed at Chi-yeol's naughtiness. The perfect star teacher could be wrong in some manners all along.