Part 1

"Stop!"
"Stop what, Sam?"
"Hmm, I don't know," I said, "Making so much noise! We're on a heist!! We need to not get caught!"
I noticed the outside night guard looking in our direction as my voice started to rise. I slammed one hand on Nia's mouth and one on my own mouth in an attempt to stop the noise we were making. The night guard squinted and tensed up his dark brown eyebrows as he turned back around, scratching the back of his head, probably questioning if he was going insane.
The bush we were hiding behind stood in front of the world's most highly secured museum, the Saint Anne's World History Museum. The exterior of the building looked like a blob of different time periods combined into one design. For example, one part was built to look like a Viking ship from the 1100s. Its mast was protruding from the far left of the building as if to proclaim to all not to mess with it. Ironic, isn't it?
"You are SO lucky that I agreed to do this with you Nia. If that pig comes over here, the next time I'm looking at you will be behind a glass wall when you're in jail!"
"Sammy, you don't understand! It's an ancient box!"
Ah yes, Sammy. Their childhood nickname for me. They never stopped using that nickname ever since we were toddlers. It warms my heart to think of the memories we shared but now is not the time. "My great grandma's ancient and nothing's special about her," I replied.
"You didn't give me time to explain," said Nia, a dramatized frown forming on their face. "It's from the 1500s, forged by sorcerers that were outcasted from the world.  That box holds the secrets to every mystery in the world!"  Nia's bright blue eyes lit up with hope and excitement. They acted out all of their words with fluid hand motions. "The last two who dared to try to capture it ended up battling swash-bucking pirates, going to space, and even summoning demons!"
Okay, you've got to be kidding me. First, they tell me to ask to help rob the Saint Anne's World History Museum, which is basically the Alcatraz of museums, and now we could be dealing with demons?!
"You're not really helping yourself convince me that this is a good idea," I responded, a bead of sweat rolling down my forehead as I tried to stop myself from running off.
"We could have all of that power in our hands!" Nia suddenly grabbed my shoulders and shook me back and forth which made the bush's leaves rustle.
"Hey! Who's there?" shouted the guard, pointing his gun towards the bush, the autumn leaves crunching with every cautious step he took.
"Shit," I whispered, "Plan B. Nia, activate the grappling hook."
"On it." said Nia. They pulled out a handmade grappling gun with a clean-cut motion resembling that of an action film and aimed high up at the museum's roof. Their crafting abilities were awe-inspiring, especially now when putting the tools to work. As they got the hook of the grappling gun to the top of the building, I performed an undercut which sent the nightguard to sleep. Nia grabbed me and pulled me close to them with an iron grip, making sure I don't fall. The feeling of their body so close to mine made my heart cry out in glee, but I tried to remain as calm as possible. After brushing some leaves off themself and I, we shot up to the top of the museum.