About Cameron

Cameron Alstead had grown up with her five best friends - Aria, Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Alison, until one night suddenly turns into a nightmare of recurring events

Cameron Alstead had grown up with her five best friends - Aria, Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Alison, until one night suddenly turns into a nightmare of recurring events. They were known as the essential six because they did everything together. They lied. They cried. They laughed. They told each other everything...or so Cameron thought.

Cameron was the youngest daughter of college sweethearts - Jack Alstead and Aurora Alstead. Her father, Jack, works as an architect and has his own construction company. Her mother, Aurora, is a psychiatrist. Riley Alstead is the oldest of her siblings. At the age of 21, she is off to college at Hollis, occasionally coming home to visit. Beau Alstead is the middle child. The 19-year-old has just started college, also at Hollis.

Out of all of the girls, Cameron was closer to everyone besides Alison. They were nice to each other when the situation presented itself, but some of the things Ali said and did, rubbed the younger Alstead child the wrong way. So, to be better safe than sorry, she distanced herself a bit. 

Cameron is loyal, resilient, funny, honest, and compassionate. She was always the worst liar, but she did whatever she had to do to protect those closest to her. 

Her biggest secret? Her crush on Blake Dalton - the soon-to-be doctor at Rosewood Community Hospital. 

Cameron believes that there is beauty in truth, even if it's painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the inert, brilliant to the naive, and powerful to the helpless. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don't teach anything, help anything, fix anything, or cure anything. Nor do they develop one's character, one's mind, one's heart, or one's soul. "Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies."