Chapter 37: My Other Home

Disclaimer: Everything besides Miyu and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi.

$@)&@$)

I arrived in San Francisco late at night. I was staying with an old neighbor of mine. Her name was Karen Lee. She was my favorite neighbor. She used to bake cookies for me when I walked passed her house every morning for school. Sometimes, I even helped her with her garden.

I went to ride in a taxi. I told the driver the address. I got to my destination in an hour. I paid the driver and got my bags out. I walked up the steps and ranged the doorbell. The door opened to reveal Karen's son, John. "Hi John," I said with a smile.

He gave me a smile. "Beverly. We were expecting you," he said to me. He took my bags and we walked inside the house. It was just as I remembered.....clean. John walked me to my room. We had to go up more stairs.

I knew the door. I opened the door. IT had a single bed, a small desk, and a wardrobe. "If you need anything, let us know," he said to me. "Alright. Goodnight," I said to him. He closed the door. I went to unpack my things.

I wondered if the team was okay. I was worried about Kunimitsu. I took my phone out and made a phone call. It would have been lunch time.

RING.....RING....RING...

"Hello?" I heard over the phone. "Kunimitsu it's me," I said with a smile. "Miyu. Are you alright?" he asked me. "I'm fine. I just wanted to let you know that I got here," I said to him. I heard him exhale. "I'm glad," he said to me.

"I should go now. I'm going to go to sleep," I said to me. "Good night," he said to me. "Good night," I said to him. I hung up the phone. I set my phone on the nightstand. I walked into the bathroom to wash up. After washing up, I went to bed and slept.

Next day....

I woke up from someone jumping on my bed. I looked up to see two kids. I knew who they were. They were John's kids, Ben and Katie. "Grandma wanted us to wake you up for breakfast," they said to me at the same time. It was really cute. "Okay. I'll be down in a few minutes," I said to them. They got off my bed and ran out of the room.

I got dressed and washed up. I went to the kitchen to see a big spread of breakfast on the table. I saw Karen setting a cup of orange juice for me. "Good morning," she said to me with a smile. "Good morning Karen," I said to her.

I sat at the table and put some food on my plate. After breakfast, I told them that I was off to the hospital. John dropped me off. He said that I should call him to pick me up. I told him that I will. I walked inside the hospital. Many of the nurses remembered me.

I made it to Dr. Summer's office. I knocked on the door. "Come in," I heard. I opened the door and walked inside to see him at his desk. He gave me a smile. "I have been expecting you," he said to me.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug. "How is your health?" he asked me. "Good," I said to him. I sat in a chair in from t of his desk. "Let's see your records shall we," he said to me. I gave him my record.

He updated his database for my charts and such. "I see that you had made a lot of progress," he said to me. I gave him a nod. "Let's check your heart beat shall we," he said to me. He took me to the examination room.

I sat on the table and Dr. Patrick checked my heart beat. I could see him wanting to smile. Then, I need to get my heart scanned and everything. I was in the hospital for the whole day almost. I was done in the afternoon.

"Well, we will call you to come in when we examine everything," he said to me. "Alright," I said to him. "Hope to see you soon," he said to me. I stood from my seat to walk out of the room. I hoped for good results.

I walked out only to bump into someone. "Ow," I said out loud. "I didn't expect for you to bump into me Beverly," I heard someone say to me. I looked up to see a familiar face. I haven't seen him since I moved back to Japan.

"Brent?" I said. He had really grew into a tall teenager. He looked very mature. "Nice to see you again," he said to me with a smile. "Nice to see you too Brent," I said to him with a smile. "Brent. What are you doing here?" Dr. Summer asked his son.

"I came to drop this off to you," he said to him. "Oh thanks," he said to his son. Brent gave a bag to him. Brent looked at me. "Where are you headed off to?" he asked me. "I'm heading off to Karen's house," I said to him.

"Why don't you have dinner with me? I'll drop you off to Karen's after," he said to me. "Sure. It would be a good way to catch up," I said to him. I texted John to let him know that I was going to come home late. He said that it was fine.

I walked with Brent to his car. He had a blue sports car. He opened the door for me. I went inside. I was about to put the seat belt on but, he did it for me. {He's being nice.} We drove off to an Italian restaurant.

We got a private room. Brent ordered for us. He knew that I liked salad and carbonara. After ordering, he looked at me. {Something felt weird to me.} "So...how has school been?" he asked me. "It's been fine," I said to him. "Meet any guys?" he asked me. He had a serious face on.

"I manage a boy's tennis club. Of course, I'm around boys on a daily basis," I said to him. "You have a boyfriend?" he asked me. "Yes," I said to him. "Who?" he asked me. {He has no idea that I'm engage to someone.}

"His name is Kunimitsu Tezuka," I said to him. "You have a picture?" he asked me curiously. I took my bag and got a picture of me and Kunimitsu at the sunrise. I gave the picture to him. Brent looked at the picture.

I saw bit of jealously in his eyes. This made me really awkward a bit. {Don't tell me....} Brent looked up at me in the eyes.

{Did he have feelings for me?}