I

.
.
.
.
.

The world is a cruel place and the times are evil too.

People are evil. Great malice does not arise intentionally, with premeditation, but as it is... from human limitations.

A loud bang was heard. The sounds of sirens echoed in the dark night and were the only sound in the seemingly peaceful April night.

Jungkook parked his vehicle next to the sidewalk in a narrow street where in some places you could see a passer-by dressed in a dark wardrobe as he made his way to his house.

Long ago the clocks struck midnight, and the young taxi driver felt his eyes closing from time to time from fatigue.

~ Uhg, I'm not going to pass quickly here. ~ he thought as he realized the cause of the breaking of the silence at this time of night. Turned on rotations and blue lights said that an accident had happened a little further down the street.

Just when he wanted to get out of the car and make sure what the situation was, a young man with disheveled black hair quickly opened the passenger door and got into the taxi, visibly shaken.

The ambulance soon cleared the way with its sirens and there was no longer any point in staying in that place.

The young black-haired man let out a deep breath and leaned back in the comfortable leather seat. All the while his eyes were closed, as if he could see the world beyond this brutal reality, when he silently stumbled on the address. Obviously his own.

Jungkook watched him with raised eyebrows expecting that soon the man would realize where he was and leave the car, but that didn't happen. He could very well smell all the alcohol that was deposited in the other man.

For a moment he was overcome with sadness at what he saw. He felt sorry for the stranger. Himself has been in his place a thousand times. Whimpering begged the taxi driver to take him home, so drunk. And now he wanted to be on the other side of the mirror and help the one who needed help right now.

And it was this handsome young man.

So if the least he could do was drive him home, he would. And even more, he will make sure that he arrives safely at his apartment.

A few minutes passed in dead silence, his mind still trapped in the whole situation. Intoxicated by the speed with which events were happening.

Jungkook witnessed all kinds of situations. Although he only drove at night a few times, he could witness all kinds of craziness that erupted from people due to alcohol, anger and everything else that could occupy people's minds without returning.

Jungkook had his job. He worked in his car repair shop, which was founded by his grandfather when he was a small boy. He spent his entire childhood in that shop, helping his grandfather and his father, with big dreams about how one day his shop would become famous and how he would have a bunch of his own people working for him.

Shortly after his grandfather died, the work fell to his father, who over time withdrew more and more due to his illness, leaving everything to Jungkook.

A few years ago, right in that shop, his life changed. When he met Jimin, he realized how a friend is really important to every person's life. Jimin changed him, softened his personality, brought him happiness without asking for a price.

And of course he always helped his friend when needed, that was exactly what happened this night.

Jimin has been working for several years for a taxi service, which was considered one of the best in Seoul.