28.

July 12th

July 12th

"You know the rule, date outside the school but not in the county. Outta state is wild." I informed my brother as we scoured the mall trying to find the perfect gift "Do you like her?"

"Absolutely." He answered easily, looking at me as if I was crazy for even asking.

"What about her do you like?" I questioned trying to make sure this was as serious as what it could become.

The thing about becoming a teenager and having teenage romance is it's your first time learning how to manage/handle big emotions and love and lust are emotions that can drag you through the mud.

In my opinion it's not necessarily what can come from the situation but how you handle it.

Every mom and dad with a teen in a relationship fear many things, one of the biggest consequences, pregnancy. Which is right, and completely understandable, but instead of hounding the child, I broke be in listening, teaching, and informing all while giving the respect you want back.

I feel like because this relationship developed under my care, it's important for me to get a gist of how serious he is so he can feel comfortable coming to me and so I can help him manage and understand those feelings, something he wouldn't exactly get at home.

"Her personality." He answer immediately with a smile.

I only look at him to continue.

"She's so real and kind, opened but closed. She knows who she is and what's she wants. A big wanna be thug but the biggest softie. I don't want to overstep. Oh yeah, and she's definitely the prettiest by far." He gushed, a light blush forming through his light cheeks.

"I know something." I told him, heading the opposite direction to the exit of the store.

I immediately go over to Winn Dixie, gesturing to the flower bouquets before letting him take the lead. He ended up getting her a small Stich plushie and a crazy amount of candy and brownie brittle.

"Speak of the devil." He said as we checked out, putting his phone to his ear, an ear to ear smile immediately taking place.

"Feeling better?" I questioned as we walked to the car together, thought it was obvious in his walk alone that he was.

"She'll love it. Not you being Cupid." He added, nudging me a bit before running to the passenger side of the car.

"Right?" I exclaimed unlocking the food and smacking him in the back of the head when he turned to grab his seatbelt.

"Well speaking of Banks, can I be this number?" He asked, catching me completely off guard.

"For what?" I wondered aloud, obviously confused by such a demanding request.

"To see how he gets all that shit sent to my house." He told me, before scooting to the window to avoid getting hit.

"Hahaha. Very funny," I told him sarcastic." That's definitely overboard though."