[9] danhyanggok

"what?!" i yelled at danggu.

"do you have any idea what you have done? jang uk can die" yul said.

"master heo said nothing would happen, what is this all about?" he nervously asked.

we were standing at the entrance of jeongjingak. cheonbugwan's men came here to bring the news of an official duel between jang uk and the crown prince.

we went to the prison where jang uk was held in.

"uk get up. you need to get out of here right now" yul said.

"wae? (what is it?)" he irritatedly asked.

"there is no time to explain, if you do not go, you will lose your arm" uk furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "ani (no), you could even die!"

"what?!"

"young master. things have gotten serious. stay here and you might lose you arm or life. will you still do nothing?" mudeok told him.

so naksu did this. i should have known better. i facepalmed.

uk looked at me for an answer and i nodded.

"you will also go with them?" yul asked

"yes, i want to make sure that they are safe"

we were now on the dock with a boat already waiting to sail. naksu must have planned this beforehand since she is so ready.

"lie low until the dust settles. uncle would not approve of this but we will handle him". danggu said.

"you sure you do not need anything else?" yul worriedly asked.

"no young master, we are going to my former village"

"sari village was it?" he asked for confirmation as she nodded.

"take care" yul and danggu said in unison while we smiled at him.

soon the boat started sailing.

"why bring that when we are fleeing?" uk looked at his sword which was in naksu's hand.

"because you need to train" i answered.

"train? are we going there to train?" he glanced at me "did you cause all this?" he asked her in disbelief.

"i only played a part. you finally budged when you we said you were in danger"

he scoffed.

"what? i do not need a pupil who would not improve. just die if you are not going to anything"

"naksu" i warned her.

"you have poisoned me once again, my crazy master"

"jang uk, we will go where i used to train. brace yourself" he seemed confused, "there will be no warm baths, cozy beds or food that is seasoned well to your liking"