Episode II

Following his first meeting with the Headmaster of Hogwarts - known to the weaklings that Kylo constantly bested in his classes as Professor Snape, but merely Snape to Kylo - Kylo had discovered that the school knew less about the Force than Skywalker. He tried everything he could think of, from interrogating students and staff, to having General Hux read everything in the library, but he failed find a reason as to why Darth Vader had come to Hogwarts.

Try as he might to get answers out of Snape, the teacher knew nothing of the Force. Kylo knew he was not lying - but it seemed that there were other teachers in the school that might know a thing or two. Which was why, during his second week at Hogwarts, he set off to find the ghost of Dumbledore.

Other students in the Slytherin common room had been talking about a teacher who had been murdered by a former student having threatened Professor Palpatine. Kylo knew Darth Vader and Palpatine had been friends, so it seemed obvious that Vader had been the student involved.

Kylo had kindly asked the students where he could find the ghost while pointing his lightsaber at them. He had planned on going directly to the teacher's toilet to confront this Dumbledore, but after being caught skipping class in the corridor he had been forced to joining his Defence Against the Dark Arts class.

"This is pointless," Kylo told Professor Snape as he was escorted to the class. "I already know how to destroy art. I don't need any defence against something I can wipe out."

To prove his point, Kylo reached out with the force and ripped the closest painting off the wall. He watched the figure inside the image scream as he dropped the painting over the stairwell. He had always thought art was worthless. Why spend all that time on a painting when you could be training to become a Sith Lord?

"How fortune for you," Snape said. "But you have yet to win any points for Slytherin, as per our agreement. This week alone you have cost Slytherin fifty points for throwing Cho Chang from the Astrology Tower."

Kylo had no regrets about tossing the insufferable girl from the Tower. Not only had it freed him from having to listen to her cry over her mysterious Cedric again, but it had also gotten him face to face with Rey.

He barely paid attention to what Snape was telling him as they neared the classroom. The memory of Rey storming up to him, begging him to stop killing other students and to let her help him was fresh in his mind. Of course, he wished she would stop nagging at him about using the Dark Side, but, for reasons he could not quite understand, he was glad he had caught her eye.

Kylo stalked into the class and joined the other students at the edge of a small fighting ring. The teacher was a strange looking green frog who spoke all wrong, and for a moment Kylo considered simply leaving, when he realised the teacher was wearing Jedi robes.

"Ben," a voice said from his side. "I'm glad you decided to come to class. It's good for us to get an understanding of the ways in which we can fight the Dark Side."

"There is no fighting the Dark Side." Kylo felt his gloved hands curl into fists as he looked down at Rey. She was, rather unreasonably, smiling at him. "There is only acceptance or destruction."

"But Master Yoda will teach us a way to fight the darkness. Look."

Kylo followed her gaze to the green frog. "Do this, you must. Wave your wand as I do. Speak the word Accio and take the weapon from your enemy. Remove the threat, but do not destroy it. Kylo, Rey. Show the class how this is done, you will."

The frog teacher laughed as he moved aside, leaving the ring to Rey and Kylo alone. Rey took up a fighting posture, the strange twig she had started carrying around with her in her outstretched hand.

"Accio," she said. 

Kylo's lightsaber flew from its place on his belt into her awaiting hand. Forgetting his surroundings, he remembered when he had given her the weapon in Snoke's throne room. How she had used it to cut down the guards and give him the chance he needed to become Supreme Leader.

"Perfect," Yoda laughed. "Always do well, you do Rey. Ten points to Gryffindor."

Gryffindor. Kylo had not forgotten his grandfather's path. As he outstretched his hand and twitched his fingers, he prepared himself to be awarded ten points to Slytherin. "Accio," he said.

Nothing happened.

"Accio," he snarled. "Accio. Accio! ACCIO!"

"Perhaps you should try saying it correctly," Hux said, his nose upturned. He stood amongst the students holding his datapad, no doubt looking at pictures of his cat when he was supposed to be overseeing the conquering of Earth by the First Order.

Kylo curled his hands into fists and watched as the student behind Rey found themselves unable to breathe.

"Stop this, you must!" Master Yoda cried. He snapped his palm out towards Kylo and sent him stumbling back a step, but Kylo's work had already been completed. The student slumped to the ground, dead and defeated.

"There is no defence. Only defeat," he said.

"Ten points from Slytherin I must remove," Yoda said.

Kylo turned on the teacher. "For every point you take, I'll take a student. Then another. And another. Until there are no students left and this planet is all but ash."

"No - Ben!" Rey stepped forward, Kylo's saber hilt still clutched in her hands. "You have to stop doing this. There are other ways to do things that don't involve killing people. Let me show you."

It was then that Kylo noticed the twig in her hand. It looked like just like his uncle's lightsaber hilt. "That thing," he said. "Where did you get it?"

Rey hesitated as she looked at the twig. "This wand belonged to Luke. He gave it to me before he sent me here."

"He gave it to you." Kylo felt his anger rising as he once again realised how much his family had kept from him. First, that his grandfather was Darth Vader, then that Vader had come to Hogwarts, and now this. He thought of Rey carrying his grandfather's lightsaber, how she had taken almost everything that had once belonged to his family. Everything that should now be his by right.

"Here," she said, holding it out to him. "You can have it. Just promise me you'll stop killing everyone."

Kylo stared at her outstretched hand and the flimsy piece of wood. He had held out his hand for her once, and she had refused his offer. Why should he accept hers now?

Calling upon the Force, he reignited his hand with his lightsaber, brought the blade to life, and readied himself to take on the green frog that had taken his Slytherin points away.