Daybreak Sun

The Throne Hall is magnificent. The kingdom's architecture is impressive, but this place is insuperable. Its tall pillars with the most beautiful carved, its brilliant floor in which you can see your reflect like a perfect mirror, those enormous bay windows that let the proud entrance of the sun and through which you can admire the infinite garden which get confused with the majestic meadows. The furnishings not only proves elegance and wealth of those who lived in the Palace, it is also irrefutable proof of the history and nobility of a country. The sight of all this would impress anyone… Anyone but Aron.

Aron, being nine years old, is more than used to it. Truth being told, at this very moment, he's more than bored. They had told him today was a great day for him. They woke him up earlier than ever, they made him wear one of his fanciest costumes, they tied his brown hair into a long ponytail that was more neat that usual and they prohibited him from playing outside so he wouldn’t mess his looks. They explained nothing. And after leaving him locked in the first library of the East Wing, because he can’t take part of ‘adult talks’ yet, finally, his father asked for him… Because this.

For a while, he’s standing, balancing his weight from one foot to the other, with both hands at his back in a perfect posture, avoiding seeing anyone at the face, meanwhile he tries not to put his attention on the wrong speech of the man in the biggest chair you could imagine… Those words… Exactly the same he’d heard two years ago when he arrived to this place.

On that time, he was scared to dead. Now he closes his eyes and his long eyelashes brush his skin before letting himself see the same fear in other faces. Nevertheless, when they’re open again, he can’t avoid the sight of the women standing at the end of the room, all of them elegantly dressed, carrying little baggage in her hands, one of them had cried, the other seemed too serious and the other one… Aron can't help it. He openly smile to his own mother. It’s been several months since the last time they saw each other, but he won’t talk to her this time. She’ll get back to their land tonight. Anyways, what she have to say, she already said it that week of summer. 'Take care of him'.

"And well, Prince Aron?" The deep voice of his father call him back to Earth.

He breaths out slowly as he doubtly steps near to the throne. "Yes, your Majestic?"

"That it is! Come closer so I can introduce you to our guests!" King Ledis is in a good mood. With his terrible posture, sitting at his wide on that piece of furniture, showing a big smile full of satisfaction. "They have a nice presence, don’t you think?"

Aron doesn’t hold it any longer. With his eyes following the long arm of his father, they meet with them. Four? He thought one of them would take a year more to show up. Maybe one came alone all the way here?

The Sovereign, believing his son got a special interest,  clears his throat and start introductions with that one. His voice stronger than ever. "Prince Aron, may I introduce Prince Jonghyun From Kim District of North." The kid hearing his name straightens up, but it’s obvious by the moves of his eyes he’s truly nervous. It’s hard to not feel some kind of sympathy, who seems kind though his expressions are too serious. The boy bows awkwardly. Too humble for his status. His black hair is perfectly combed and it’s obvious he put an effort on not messing his black costume during the long travel. "Prince Dongho from Kang District of West, the biggest District of our kingdom." Aron doesn’t laugh by chance. The boy is easily the biggest,  at least the chubbiest, he could almost say the fattest, but by the look he gets he knows is not a good idea to give him nicknames right now. The kid bows his head, and that’s all. His dark hair is really short and his outfit is alarmingly messed up, his mother should be not pleased. "Prince Minhyun from Hwang District of East." How could someone smile widely and look so insecure at the same time? This one was the tallest and his hair was a disaster… And his clothes, Aron had never seen something like this, even so it looks good on him… Somehow. His reverence is rigid, how mamy times had it practice? "And Prince Minki from Kwak Choi District of South." Aron smile accomplice when their eyes meet with the kid’s with who he grewn up. Now that he’s paying attention, the little one with long hair could be taken by a girl, his mother always said he was too pretty. His reverence it’s like a dance step,  he’s the only one who looks excited. "Prince Aron, do welcome your young brothers."

...

The sun filters through the leaves of the trees. The knight stops his stallion to admire the quite forest. He had missed so much that scenery. Almost three years ago he had left and everything around him looks new now… Too new. He… He was lost on his own land?!

Jonghyun made a mistake. In the hurry to get home and be warmly welcome by his brothers, he started this travel before the carriage and his escort arrived. He took the first horse that seemed strong enough and let a message to the owner, 'Claim your property in the Capital and you will get what you deserve.' Later, the man who will go take his animal in the hostal, will read the note and give it up. Thinking: "Filthy royalty thinks they have the right to take everything from us!", whilst the young Prince is wondering: "Will it be enough with what I plan to pay to reward and thank him for the attention?" His father always told him he could easily being  misunderstood.

He sighs again. He was sure after crossing the second river following the main road, if he turned north, and kept going, at some point, he would see some constructions… Nothing.

By the moment, it’s midday already and all he can see is vegetation, vegetation and more vegetation.

Tired, he steps down the chocolate color beast and holding the reins starts walking. If it gets dark and he doesn’t find a safe place he could end up in assailants’ hands, or worst, in sorcerer’s.

Then he sees her. Beautiful like she just got out of a paint. The damsel with cream dress and blue laces is sitting on the grass and her back is leaning on the only tree with white flowers buds, her long locks of soft wavy hair similar to the sea moves are about to fall over the pages of the book she keeps on her lap. Is she a witch?

Looking the smile that takes place on her lips when she founds a funny description, he is decided. Jonghyun voices the question. Anyways,  if this is a trap, he already fell for it. "Greetings, kind maid. If it’s not a nuisance, can I request your help?"

Were those the words he wanted to say? If one of his brothers were here they wouldn’t have made a mistake like he just did. Jonghyun looks desperately how the precious lady startled runs away from the voice that came out too close, leaving the thick book behind.

Nevertheless, her slender figure stops without prior notice, she turns back her head and when her expressive eyes meet Jonghyun's, he can’t help to think she seems to have recognized him for a second.

The young lady acts totally calm now, looking at him for a moment before showing a great smile and answer. "I apologize for my reaction, I wasn’t aware someone arrived. Please, do tell me…" She gets close a few steps, but before Jonghyun could thought he knew those big dark eyes, she looks away to lift the book. "How may I help such an adventurous man like you?"

The Prince's heart which, until know, was beating fast calms a little. She doesn’t know his true identity. She doesn’t expect something extraordinary out of him. The lady thinks he’s a simple traveler. With more confidence now, he’s not afraid of speaking. "You’ll see, I’m going to the city, and stubbornly I decided to take a shortcut that led to nowhere. Would you be so kind to tell me where I am now?"

Laugh. She laughs for some seconds. And the sensation of having seeing her before comes back, but he cannot point out anything. "If you’re going to the town, you still have a long way to go." Her expression turned kind like she was feeling compassion for Jonghyun... Was he so far away from it? "From here, if you keep walking straight to west you will find a small path, this time don’t get away from it, do follow it to north and once you get out of this forest you will be in the fields of the Royal Palace, from there I’m sure you can find the way by your own."

The Prince can’t believe his luck, this girl without noticing is explaining how exactly get home. Suppressing the urge to run there right now, he turns to face her again and speaks full of sincerity. "You have no idea how grateful I am, you had saved me." He bows the way his father would hate for being too humble for his status. "Now I plead you let me act as your companion on the path you had pointed to your home."

She bows too, her elegance only could be described as perfect. But her words are not what he expected. "I appreciate it, but I must decline your kind offer." She’s thinking about those six meters of vegetation that separate them from the backyard of her father’s house and smile. "The truth is I’m waiting for someone. I will stay for a little longer."
Jonghyun is surprised, why does he feel so disappointed? Even so, he gives her many more grateful words before parting ways from his rescuer.

.

Later, riding his borrowed horse, the handsome man spots the end of the forest and a little far on the horizon the tall white towers and blue roof of the castle. His heart jumps.

'The Intruder' is the tittle of the book she was reading. That’s the favorite book of… Oh. No. He is suddenly breathless. He feels how the heat on his cheeks rises. The back of his hands touches his lips.

Of course she did recognize him.

He knows her since years ago.

"Why am I such a fool?"