Chapter 5

Next morning she woke up to the sound of music. As she opened her eyes, she saw Patrice dancing around in her underwear. "Morning, sleepy head!" Patrice said, shaking her ass.

"Morning. Girl, I have so much to tell you. You weren't here last night when I came in." Alice said, sitting up. Her phone vibrated and she quickly grabbed it. It was a text message. Morning, beautiful. Hope you have a great day. She blushed as she read the message and Patrice noticed.

"Hold up!" Patrice said, turning off the music. "That look on your face right now. I haven't seen that in a long time. Spill it out." She said pushing Alice aside and sitting next to her.

"Well, first of all. I got the job!" She said, raising her arms in triumph.

"Congratulations, I knew you would get it." Patrice said, hugging her.

"So, last night, I went to eat with my parents to celebrate. We were having a good time, and I looked around the restaurant and who do I see sitting a few tables away? The elevator stranger!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, and he was looking at me. His deep blue eyes piercing into mine, girl, I got chills. Then he resumed the conversation he was having with this other guy at the table. Then, all of the sudden I hear this voice behind me."

"Elevator guy?" Patrice asked excitedly.

"No, Landon!"

"Not him! Are you serious? Please, don't tell me you guys are made up and he's the one texting you sweet nothings. Because, I can't go through this with you again. When he broke your heart, it broke mine seeing you like that. It took us too long to get over him. Please, Alice."

"Would you let me finish the story?"

"Okay, fair."

"Okay, so my parents are all loving him and he then announces that he also got the internship at the firm. That was it, I snapped! I couldn't believe that he took that too. So, I stood up and slammed my hands on the table causing a scene, while he's saying that he's happy we are going to be working together and I tell him I wasn't. I looked around and the whole restaurant was looking at me. I was so embarrassed. But glad because I thought the elevator guy had left. So, I excused myself to the ladies room, and who did I crash into?"

"No! Elevator guy?"

"Elevator guy. His chest was rock hard against me. He put his hands on my arms trying to steady me. And his voice. The deepest voice I've ever heard. His name is Mike, by the way. Mike Cunningham. I apologized for my outburst. He actually doesn't work at the firm, but does business for them, so he's in and out. He remembered seeing me somewhere. He said someone as pretty as me is hard to forget." She said blushing.

"Alice Fletcher! Did you give a complete stranger your phone number?" Patrice asked in shock.

"I did." She whispered. "I thought about it for a minute. I would never do something like that. I don't know what came over me. He's so handsome. And he seems so nice. I guess it's a way to get to know each other."

"You slut!" Patrice started laughing.

"I learned from the best. Let me guess, where were you last night?"

"I met this freshman at a party, smoking hot body. I invited myself to her room and we spent the night doing all crazy shit. You know me."

"I know you too well."

"So, was that Mike that texted you?"

"Yes, he said: Morning beautiful, hope you have a great day."

"Very smooth, Mike. What are you going to answer?"

"I don't know, Patrice. I've never done this before. I don't know what I am doing. I don't want to seem naïve. But not like I have a lot of experience either."

"Just tell him to have a great day too, and that it was a pleasure to meet him last night." Patrice said as Alice started texting. "And how you can't stop thinking about him and of how many babies you're going to have." She started making kissing noises.

"Stop! I almost wrote that!" She said, hitting her with a pillow. "You have a great morning too. It was a pleasure to meet you last night. Hope to see you again soon. And send! Do you think that last part was too much? Does it make me sound too needy? What should I do? I already sent it!"

"Alice, it's fine. You did okay. He is obviously interested in you, otherwise he wouldn't have asked for your number and text you the very next day."

As Alice looked at her phone nervously, it vibrated with another message from him. Where are you right now? I would like to get coffee with you. If you're not busy of course, don't want to impose. "Oh my God, he wants to meet me right now!"

"Go ahead girl, enjoy life."

I just woke up. I'm in my dorm at UCLA. Are you close to it? She sent it and waited for a response that quickly came. Oh, great, I went there. I actually live like ten minutes away. There's a café named Josephine's nearby. Want to meet there, say in half an hour? Gives you time to get ready. "He lives ten minutes away from here! He wants to meet in half an hour. Patrice, I'm so nervous! What should I do?"

"Go for it or you're going to regret it. You are just meeting him for coffee, in a public place. If you feel uncomfortable or anything you can just call me and leave. Okay? I'll be nearby."

"You're such a great friend. Okay, I'm going to do it." Perfect, meet at Josephine's in half an hour, see you then.