Closing shift

DJ let out an exasperated huff of air through her nose. She shoved her reddish-black hair out of her hair. She really did not want to go to work. Making people food and listening to pointless complaints were not very high up on her list of things she would like to do. She had only been working there for about a month, but she was exhausted. She was closing tonight, and her coworker was also rather new. Which meant that it would take way longer to get everything done. She knew that he was going to have her clean the bathrooms too, and she couldn't exactly say no because he was the appointed shift leader. Sighing again, DJ laid her head back onto the headrest of the car seat she was buckled into.

"Oh come on, it won't be horrible." Trina tried to comfort DJ as she drove her car up the hill in the middle of town that was lined with numerous shops. Trina's blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail, and she was dressed in her pajamas.

"Trina! You know I hate closing without you there!" DJ whined pointlessly. Her deep hazel eyes bored into Trina's bright blue ones.

"I know," Trina spoke gently as the car rolled to a stop at the traffic light that policed the busy intersection at the top of the hill. The red light blared at the 15 and 16 year old girls who were dreading this car ride for different reasons. "I have to go home and clean while you work, so you aren't suffering alone."

"That doesn't make me feel better you know." DJ replied dramatically.

"Alright then." Trina chuckled.

They continued on in silence as the light turned green. DJ spared Trina a hopeful glance, she prayed that the car would break down so she wouldn't have to go in.

Suddenly a loud static-like noice erupted in the air. DJ and Trina jumped in unison, both of them were incredibly frightened by the startling noise. By now, they were halfway down the hill. The Subway they both worked at was sat at the bottom.

"What the hell?" DJ leaned forward to watch in terror as the group of people walking on the sidewalk started shrieking. The ground shook and a woman who was visibly pregnant was knocked over by the tall brunette man standing behind her.

"Holy shit! What the fuck is that?" Trina gasped as a glowing blue hole opened up in front of them. It resembled a portal so much so that DJ and Trina were starting to believe it was.

"Trina! Swerve! Move the car!" DJ shouted, the anxiety clear in her voice.

"I'm trying! The wheel won't fucking turn! I think it locked!" Trina yelled back.

"Goddamnit! This stupid old car!" DJ cursed.

The car barreled at full speed towards the portal in the air, and the girls were trapped.

They braced for impact as the car shot through the rip in the sky. DJ and Trina screamed as the car smashed head-first into a large oak tree.

~~~~~

A/N

Hey y'all... new story? 🤩

Mb brothas 🫡

DJ and Trina are the picture at the top. DJ is on the left, Trina on the right.

Tell me what you want to see more of in the future if you have any ideas.

-AJ

543 words.