Armageddon is Upon Us

"Right. Okay. DJ and Trina. Got it." Ellie recited while catching her breath.

"Now that introductions are over, what the hell is going on?" Trina questioned the two.

"Wait, you seriously don't know?" Ellie asked, rather astonished.

"No!" DJ and Trina announce in unison. DJ couldn't help but wonder if the pair they'd ran into thought that they were lying. It seemed obvious to them, sure. But DJ and Trina were more confused than they had ever been in their entire lives.

"Ok... tell us what you do know." Joel looked as if he were deep in thought as he spoke to the two girls, like he was on the verge of figuring something out.

Trina groans exasperatedly, and DJ can tell that she's about to lose her temper.

"I was driving us to work, because you know, we're teenagers who work in a goddamn Subway and barely make anything. Next thing I know, a fucking hole in space time opens in front of us and I can't get the car to stop! Then, of course, when we make it to the other side of that fucking space time tunnel, we hit a tree! Then that man-not-man fungus thing came after us and now we're here. So no! Neither of us have any idea what's going on!" Trina's outburst is followed by silence, and DJ suddenly felt the urge to go back outside and let whatever that thing is eat her so that she can escape this awkward situation.

"...Right. You expect us to believe that?" It's clear on Joel's face that he's never heard something so preposterous in his entire life.

"Did you not see the gaping hole in the fucking sky?" DJ could scream at the top of her lungs due to pure frustration right now, but she doesn't. Instead, she continued speaking at a normal volume. "It was fucking massive!"

"No we saw it alright," Ellie's voice snaps everyone's attention towards her. "Anyone within a 50 mile radius could've seen that."

"Exactly. Meaning that you two could'a easily seen that hole and decided to just spin a lie to trick us." Joel sighed, he appeared to be deep in thought once more.

"Why would we make that up?" Trina is almost shouting now due to her pure disbelief.

"Well do you have any proof?" Ellie asked, and DJ could tell that she was trying to de-escalate the conversation.

"Obviously not-" Trina began to speak, but DJ interrupted her defensive reply.

"My uniform is in the car!" DJ exclaimed, "Along with my phone and Apple Watch!"

"Your... what-watch?" Ellie questioned. Joel also had a look of pure confusion on his face.

"My- wait, you guys should explain what's going on first. Then maybe what I just said will make more sense."

So, that's exactly what the apocalyptic duo did. They retold the story of outbreak day and QZs, they even sprinkled in a little bit of how they met. Trina and DJ decided not to question that because it seemed like a rather touchy subject for them.

"You're telling me, fungus took over the world and now you're living in a zombie apocalypse?" Trina's mouth was hanging agape while DJ questioned their story.

"Well, they're technically not zombies. They're not dead so therefore they can't be zombies." Ellie answered with a rather pointless argument.

"Okay!" DJ grabbed a crowbar off of a table to her left, "let's go back to the car and get our proof."

"Well what about their proof?" Trina finally spoke.

"Trina... did you not see the same fungus-infected guy that I saw? I think that was proof enough." DJ responded rather flippantly as she walked towards the door.

"Woah now, you can't seriously think that we're going back out there right now." Joel's disapproval left his mouth in a gruff manner with an underlying Texan accent.

"Well we're gonna' have to leave at some point, might as well be now." DJ shrugs as she starts to take down the barricade.

"Yeah Joel," Ellie chides, "don't be a pussy." She walks over to where DJ is dismantling the array of objects blocking the door and starts to help her during the process.

"Jesus Christ." Joel's remark is not verbally answered. Instead, Trina starts to help the girls as well. "Fuck it." Joel begins to assist the three teenagers in taking down the barricade.

Once the barricade is gone, Joel insists that they stay inside for another minute or so to listen to the outside world and make sure that no more fungus-ridden freaks reside in the area.

DJ then opens the door, and the group step outside into the warm summer air.

~~~~~
A/N

Short and sweet or wtv

Imma jus leave this here

797 words.