Chapter - 4

Riddhima was crying bitterly while Vansh stood quietly beside her.

They both looked on when Dr. Angre came and upon Kabir's request took Akhil's body for the post mortem.

Dr. Angre was also getting agitated on Kabir's tone but for his dear friend Vansh he quietly swallowed down whatever Kabir was shouting over the phone.

As  people started  crowding in Akhil's house Riddhima was busy narrating the same story on loop to everyone that how happy he was since morning and now suddenly he is no more.

Vansh was getting angry seeing Riddhima crying for that old man, but was holding back himself but his anger flew away as Angre came up to him with an envelope.

It was quarter to 3 am when Kabir reached his house and along with that his father's deceased body too arrived and everyone around was getting ready for the last rituals.

With all the preparations done and now Kabir being the son of the dead has to take the lead when Angre walked up to him and gave him an envelope.

Snatching the envelope he found that it was his father's post mortem report.

His eyes went wide seeing the name of the medicine which was mentioned in the report and was the reason of his death.

He pronounced the name of the medicine twice and thrice to remember it but failed.

With anger taking a grip on him he was about to interrogate Vansh when a neighbor interrupted and asked him to come fast.

Left with no option he hid the report under the pillow and went out.

Once all the rituals done Kabir and Riddhima were dropped by Vansh.

Without wasting any time Kabir rushed to his room and as soon as he entered in his room , he picked up the pillow and took the report out.

But shocked engulfed him as now the report was reading something else,
It said that his father had a cardiac attack.

He re- read the paper several times thinking that he is wrong but when confirmed he threw the paper away and started searching for the original report.

After almost ten minutes he shouted like a mad gaining Riddhima's and others attention.

Leaving everything behind when Riddhima ran to his room she was astound seeing the whole room a mess.

Making him sit on the bed Riddhima gave him a glass of water which he pushed away rudely.

And the next came as a shock to Riddhima when he said that Vansh is the one who killed his father.

Riddhima was not at all ready to believe it she was constantly trying to make him understand that he is mistaken.

But after giving some points which were really fishy and how she overlooked it, a part of Riddhima started believing it but  she still can't as Vansh and his caring nature for her and especially for Akhil came running to her mind.

And then when he said that Akhil was a very good friend of Ajay Raisinghania who is Vansh's father and how after coming through the fact that Ajay Raisinghania is dead they had to leave the city, but till date the reason is unknown to him too why they had to flee away.

On the other hand Vansh was busy playing a soothing tune on his piano remembering Akhil's death and how he exchanged the original report with the fake one.

While he was playing the piano his grandmother came and stood beside him with a broad smile on her face, once done playing the piano he came up and hugged his grandmother and shared that how a project was pending for a long time and today it was done and also how badly he is missing his parents especially his mother.

He had to lie that he is missing his father for his grandmother's happiness.
He did not want to hurt the lady who loved his son so much knowing the fact that he was not worthy  to be called as a son.

In the entire week Vansh noticed how Riddhima had stopped receiving his calls and if she did she had an excuse ready to end the call as fast a possible.

And not only that she even refused to take his help, and all these things were turning unbearable for Vansh.

With all the guests leaving after the prayer meet Vansh and Riddhima were busy arranging the house.

A part of Vansh was really happy to see his plan getting successful but he chided himself too for chalking out a plan in which Riddhima has to avoid him but he convinced himself that this will bring Riddhima to him only.

When he  realized that Riddhima is ignoring him, since morning he was observing how Riddhima was giving excuses to avoid him and was running back to Kabir was making him jealous and very angry.

With the plates kept in their respective place Riddhima was about to move out of the kitchen when Vansh came in her way she was about to leave when Vansh asked her about her behavior since morning on which she honestly answered that how Kabir had told her that he is not what he pretends to be and its better to stay away from such people.

But her question that is he really what Kabir keeps on telling or Kabir is wrong, he is being misjudged, was actually aching for him, he putting up a smiling face further asker what does she think,
On which Riddhima just shook her head conveying that she isn't getting anything and left quietly.

Though it was hard for him to see his lady love in the miserable condition but his anger overpowered his pain and made him curse Kabir for not able to explain Riddhima properly and warn her to stay away from him.

He thought to give some hints to Kabir so that his plan doesn't fail.
But gave a smile which only showed satisfaction and peace as he passed Kabir's room and gave in to the bad manners.

Once sure that his plan is going to meet success soon he left.

Whistling he entered in his room and saw his grandmother arranging his wardrobe he smiled at her and requested  her to look after herself rather wasting her time for him.

The old lady laughed at him and expressed how her grandson looks after her and she has nothing to do and so she came to his room and tried to arrange his things.

Vansh let out a hearty laugh while his grandmother started narrating him one of his childhood incident and both the grandmother and the grandson started arranging his wardrobe together.

As Riddhima got down the car Kabir was waiting for her to come to his side and start with her talks which were mostly of their coming days.

But today Riddhima didn't show up rather she somehow managed to smile at him and bid him good bye and walked away.

He kept on looking at her retreating figure and simultaneously started his car as she entered inside her hostel.

And this time his car halted infront of VR Mansion looking determinedly at the mansion, he parked his car bit away from the mansion and got down his car and started walking towards the mansion.

He smiled seeing Vansh sitting in the drawing room with his file,  he walked inside quietly but stopped immediately as he heard Vansh ordering him to bring him a glass of water.

He smirked to himself as he entered in the kitchen while Vansh shook his head  and frowned on the other hand.

*

To be continued...

Hit the star if you liked the chapter and comment down your opinions.

Enjoy Reading.