Deja Vu

Lizzie woke with a start, blinking quickly as she tried to orient herself. Beside her was Josie. That was enough to tell her that it had worked.

Her sister looked the same as she always did. Now Lizzie needed to figure out what the date was before she proceeded. She had taken a gamble, one that could have gone very wrong.

"Lizzie, where's Hope? What was that flash? Where are we?" Josie asked, looking around frantically.

Lizzie blinked. This felt familiar. Very familiar.

This had happened before. Not so far in the past that it was a distant memory, but enough that it was just beginning to turn fuzzy.

The prison world. That was where they were. 2018. So, it didn't go completely according to plan, but Lizzie could work with it.

"I don't know, let's look around," Lizzie said, watching Josie head to the door. "I'll be there in a minute."

Josie frowned but nodded. There was something like confusion in her eyes, but Lizzie wasn't sure if it was directed at her or at the situation itself.

Lizzie stood up and went to the mirror in the corner of the room. Staring at the person in the mirror, she found she didn't recognize herself.

She hated it. This wasn't her, but she found she didn't feel any different, which gave her hope that this part of the plan worked.

Lizzie closed her eyes, took a breath, then opened them. Veins were trailing from under her eyes and her eyes themselves were bloodshot.

Not only could she feel her magic, but she could also still feel the magic from Ken that had been imbued into her very bones after she siphoned it from him. And don't even get her started on his name. It was so stupid...

You'd think that since they were gods, they would have picked better names, but no. They called themselves Ken, Ben, and Jen. That didn't even include the time god, who decided Ren was a great name.

It was kind of funny how unoriginal they all were since they weren't even together when they picked their names.

Although, Ren wasn't a bad name for a god, but it was ruined by the others.

Under her breath, Lizzie whispered a spell. Breathing out as she felt the magic wash over her. Her hair changed back to how it was in the future.

WIth that done, she turned and left the room.

She could hear voices arguing. Looked like Josie found out about dad playing judge, jury, and executioner. Huh, was Sebastian here already? She remembered how angry she had been when she found out.

Now she didn't care. It wasn't a concern of hers anymore.

However, it did remind her of a few obstacles in the form of the locked up students, who had also decided to release her dangerous uncle.

She'd deal with them when they came after them, especially since she wasn't planning to be running off with Sebastian this time.

Shaking her head, Lizzie prepared herself to face her dad again. He was a massive hypocrite and whatever relief she had from knowing that he had woken from his coma was gone.

It hadn't taken long for him to return to his no killing, no feeding, and no using powers outside of the school rule, now that it was deemed safe from any supernatural threats.

Lizzie didn't take that well. Neither did Hope. Given that they were two of the most powerful beings in existence, he couldn't really do much against them.

Well, except play disappointed dad and harp on them for turning the school into monsters.

Please, they were literal supernatural beings. They were always monsters.