2. Forgetfulness

[✏️]

[✏️]

"And that's all for today. Class, dismiss." The students immediately packed their belongings inside their bag and immediately made their way outside the computer laboratory. Among them were Chanhee and Younghoon who didn't forget bringing Juyeon's bag with them, who just excused himself about 60 secs ago to use the restroom.

"Please tell me we didn't forget anything."

"This is all we have. Now, let's walk faster to meet Juyeon by the halls even before he returns straight to the class, shall we?" Chanhee only nodded to Younghoon as an agreement and the two hurried to their feet to give Juyeon his bag aside from the fact that they want to go home already.

Meanwhile, Kira is busy shutting down all the computer used a while ago in their class and she could just annoyingly scratch her hair from time to time because of her classmates' lack of responsibility when it comes to using their university's properties. Though, she didn't mind taking the responsibility and other than that, she's not in rush to go home. "Let me take care of the chairs and computers on the other side. You can go home already. Why didn't you join your classmates?"

"I don't mind helping at all, Ms. Moon! Please, don't worry." The teacher could only smile to her student as Kira did the same. She proceeded to the other side of the room when her eyes caught something familiar. Her eyes immediately widened by the sight of Juyeon's belonging--- the sketch pad he always brings with him. How come he forgot this one out of all things? 

She opened the sketchbook while the teacher was not looking her way. Juyeon's drawings unfolded before her, and every time she opens a new page, she couldn't help but be amazed at the young man's talent. She briefly experienced a pang of envy over Juyeon, but immediately shook her head at the thought.

She put down the sketch pad and hastened to finish what needed to be done, then quickly bid the teacher farewell and left as soon as all the computers were shut off. She considered the three friends' potential routes, and after almost two minutes of searching, it made her tired and made the decision to return home while carrying the sketchbook that's not hers.

"Ugh! My eyes hurt! Had I known that we'd be doing those stuff, I would have enrolled in a computer-related course."

"How many times have you said that today before we begin our last period? Hope you're all good."

"Roughly... five times?" Juyeon simply laughed at Younghoon's response because it appeared as though his friend was keeping track of how many times he had uttered those words. Chanhee's annoyance with his tallest friend is very evident.

"Five times already, huh? Hope you know what that means, then." Younghoon made a mouth-zipping gesture as Chanhee rolled his eyes at him. The latter then looked at Juyeon who's quiet like the usual. "Would you look at this guy. He's not even complaining typing those codes despite the size of the monitor he used. The one assigned to him was bigger than ours."

"Hey! Mine was big as well!"

For some reason he couldn't decipher, Juyeon felt weird ever since they set foot outside the university. It was like his inner self is telling him to go back there. He couldn't afford to describe and identify the feeling aside from the fact that it's weird.

But as soon as he got home up to his room, he realized that his sketchbook was not in his possession. About where he last placed it, he couldn't remember, and all he could do at the moment was massage his temples. What's worse is that he even forgot when he last held it.

"Curse this memory of mine. For Pete's sake, I'm still on my early 20s." He paced back and forth in his room, trying his hardest to think of certain areas where he could've possibly placed his sketchbook. As he felt his head ache just by thinking of not seeing his most cherished belonging anymore, he threw himself on the bed, eyelids becoming heavier until he fell asleep.

A few knocks can be heard from the other side of the door. She perked up her ears as she hummed loud enough in response to her mother who's inviting her to eat downstairs.  Kira got up from bed, closing the sketchbook she was busy looking at for quite a while ago.

Twisting the door knob open, she spared a glance at the object and have come to decide to keep it to herself for a few days. She's not yet finished flipping through all the pages, and when she's done, she'll return it to the owner. "Juyeon won't get mad at me, would he?"

At least to her, Juyeon's not the type who gets mad over a sketchbook.

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
;

¿¿

@neomuberry : chapter two for today! neways, any guesses on how juyeon would react???