CHAPTER ONE

Author's Note

This book 'VESSELS Of WAR' is a complete work of fiction and sole product of the authors imagination.

This is the book three in the 'Channelled Saints series.'

To understand this story, kindly read in this order:

Book one ; VESSELS UNKNOWN

Book two; UNWITTING VESSELS

Book three; VESSELS Of WAR

Any resemblance to anyone both living or dead, places or people is absolutely coincidental.

Please, no portion of this story should be republished or copied except with the author's approval.

Thank you for respecting the authors work.

For continuing competence and criticism, kindly vote and comment.

Any grammatical error, writing tips should pointed out at the comment section.
Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

To everyone stopping by here, Thank you for stopping by.

Please share the link with friends and loved ones. And also recommend the book on your walls.

Please, your feedbacks and reviews are highly appreciated.

************************************************************

FEMI

I sat on the edge of the long couch and watched Ghana play against Nigeria, and so far Ghana was winning.
The fact that Nigeria was yet to score and it was already deep into the second half, made me very angry.

I pushed the wine filled glass cup sitting on the table to my lips and sipped. I'd been shouting at my TV for the past fifty minutes, yet those super Eagles players kept falling my hand.
When I'd passed my level of tolerance for their failure, I turned the TV off. I just cannot come and kill myself for nonsense people.

Soon, my wife, Nara's voice came through the open kitchen space. She was roasting some chicken and singing a very annoying village song.

Okoro gara ebewa Oyibo - Okoro who went to a white man's shop

Je zute akpa ose. - Stole a bag of pepper

Ndi nwe ose ejide ya. - Pepper owners caught him

O we ti be okoko -And he began to shout.... okoko.

I hissed. This was her cooking song. Whenever she made food in the house, be it morning or evening, okoro was always caught stealing.

"Nara!" I yelled. "Please stop with that crazy song!"

She hissed and then started laughing. "You are just jealous you can't understand my language. Onye iberibe! (Stupid man)."

"You too! Whatever you say over there, I return it to you by fire, by thunder in Jesus name!"

She giggled some more. "Jesus doesn't even know who you are! Is it not his child, abi his pastor that you stole the money for this chicken from? Be calling Jesus name in vain until you receive a dirty slap from him. Yeye man!"

I knew she would bring up my accident whenever it pleased her, And that was why I avoided her like plague and even bought enough food to last for another week or so. Well, that was so I could bribe her unforgiving heart.

When I got home that day after my ordeal, everyone was still in the house watching some TV show. Jaden was first to see me because he was faced away from the TV.