Chapter 30

"Mr. Quinn, first off the baby is perfectly fine. He was in distress before the delivery but once we got him out, his vitals became stable. He's a very healthy little boy." The doctor started out.

"But?" Quinn asked.

"Your wife's vitals remained unstable. She coded once on the table as she was hemorrhaging very badly. I wasn't able to stop the hemorrhaging until we performed an emergency hysterectomy on her. Once we did that, her vitals came back up and remained stable. I've ordered saline and a blood transfusion to help replenish the blood she's lost. I'm also going to keep her in the hospital for a few days for monitoring. I believe she's going to make a full recovery." The doctor told him making him gasp.

"Oh my God!" Quinn exclaimed, "How is she going to be?"

"Between the C-section and hysterectomy she's going to be very sore for a few weeks. I'm going to send her home with an anti-biotic to help keep the incision site from getting infected and of course some pain medicine. I'll start both while she's still here, as well. As I said, though, I'm positive she's going to make a full recovery. She's a very lucky woman." The doctor told him.

"Thank you so much. When do you think she'll come out of it?" Quinn asked.

"It's hard to say. Her body did go into shock due to the blood loss. Could be a few hours." The doctor told him as the nurse went to take her vitals once more.

"Oh, ok." Quinn replied as his phone buzzed in his pocket. 

The doctor left the room as the nurse was taking her vitals. Quinn took his phone out to see who had texted him. He found it was Jax again so he told his Prez all the doctor had just told him. Jax was surprised to hear what had transpired at the hospital and that Harlow had died once on the table. The biker leader let his brothers and Gemma know what had transpired shocking the entire group. Gemma felt bad for Harlow knowing she'd be in the hospital for a few days and then being so sore and in pain for the next few weeks. Jax suggested they head to the hospital and see Quinn and to check out the newest member of the SAMCRO family. Chibs was all for it. Happy opted to just remain at the clubhouse while everyone else headed over to the hospital. Gemma decided she'd go to in order to show support for Quinn and his family. Quinn had let Jax know what room she was in so the blond biker leader led their large group to the right floor and then to the right room. Each man gave Quinn a one-armed man-hug in greeting. Jax asked how Harlow was so Quinn gave the group all the information he had. Gemma wanted to go see the baby so she left the room to head to the nursery.

"I just want to say from the club that anything you guys need, we're here for you." Jax told the bigger blond.

"Thanks, brother. I'm just glad she made it through." Quinn stated.

"Ya 'ave everything for the baby?" Chibs inquired.

"Yeah. We reused a lot of Willow's baby stuff and got new items for the things we couldn't reuse. She's bought a ton of baby clothes that were gender-neutral since we didn't know the sex." Quinn explained.

"Is it a boy or girl?" Juice inquired making Quinn beam.

"Boy! Kian Miles Quinn. Six pounds, eight ounces and nineteen inches long with a head full of blond hair and bright blue eyes." Quinn replied with a wide grin.

"Congrats, man!" Opie stated.

"Thanks." Quinn smiled at the beanie-wearing blond.

"Do you know when she'll be released?" Jax inquired.

"All the doc said was a couple days. Hopefully nothing else happens that will prolong her stay." Quinnreplied.

Jax nodded in understanding. The group stood around discussing the birth, how the new baby was doing, and what they might need when Harlow was finally released from the hospital. Poor Harlow was going to have to take it easy once she was released due to having the c-section although that wouldn't be as easy as everyone thought with having a brand new baby and a toddler at home. Quinn would do all he could to help his 'ol lady. He was thankful she had done a bunch of cooking like she'd done with Willow so all he had to do was heat the oven up and put their dinner in to cook. In all this time, he still hadn't learned how to cook much beyond scrambled eggs and sausage. Gemma joined the group and couldn't help but gush about how adorable the baby was and how it looked just like Quinn. He thanked her with a wide smile. The group finally left as it was getting late. Quinn thanked his brothers and Gemma for coming by to see the baby and Harlow. Jax gave him the next few days off so he could be with his 'ol lady and baby. The taller blond thanked him before Jax followed everyone else out of the hospital.