જ⁀➴ ✉ ಇ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝

𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝

                 TODAY WAS A PEACEFUL DAY before a certain hot-headed male entered the classroom, a hateful glare plastered all over his face as his eyes reached a scene Fumikage expected him to overreact from seeing. Before he could be yelled at, too, he slid into his chair, not uttering a single word. No surprise that (name) interjected and explained to Katsuki that they were making plans to eat lunch together. Rather than get angrier Katsuki, simply demanded he join them.

Fumikage internally struggled between outright saying no and keeping quiet. He picked the latter since (name) did accept Katsuki's request with a bright smile. He can't go against something (name) is excited about.

Fumikage always found Katsuki's immense protection and possessiveness over (name) weird, obviously ignoring the brother factor. He's never seen not glaring or relaxed, but around (name), he smiles, he laughs, and he permits physical contact with no problem which all goes away the second (name)'s attention is adverted away from him. It might be just because they're brothers, but something is nagging Fumikage that there's another theory out there to explain Katsuki's actions that he can't put his finger on. The more he thinks about it, with Katsuki's character, he should really be treating (name) the same as everyone else.

His mind kept this hot topic fresh all for the duration of class until the semi-dreaded lunch period. Fumikage was considering finding this reason out by asking his friend until he realized there was a possibility it might dig too deep into (name)'s personal life Fumikage knows all too well (name) isn't the biggest fan of sharing. Especially his past. He's essentially built an advanced barrier around himself.

Fumikage felt flattered he was somewhat allowed through that barrier, in the end.

"Maaaaaan I'm starving!" Eijirō pats his stomach three times. He, (name), Fumikage, and Katsuki are heading to the cafeteria. "I had a light breakfast this morning so I've been killing to get some food in my body."

"I feel no different," (name) says. "Mom made a huge breakfast. I'm still pretty full." Katsuki didn't say a word. He stayed close next to (name), glaring at whoever glances at (name) while, interestingly enough, also taking a step closer to him. Fumikage noticed Katsuki's ways for a while but now that they were all together, he caught some fascinating movements he'd otherwise miss if he weren't walking on his right side.

Katsuki's left hand twitches (his left hand and (name) right hand practically touched), and his eyes constantly glance at (name) causing them to grow soft, but the greatest shock is Katsuki's flushed complexion. Come first glance, one would miss it, but the longer Katsuki's mellowed eyes stared in (name)'s direction, the pink grew. When it reached its darkest color, he'd look forward.

What in the world is up with him? Sibling love has many outcomes two, or more, reach depending on how they were raised. But not the Bakugō's. All anyone knew was (name) and Katsuki were brothers and gradually found out Katsuki was excessively overprotective of the other. Perhaps there really wasn't anything happening beyond those closed doors nobody could enter. Every person has quirks (not the power kind) they show off while in a different company, feeling different emotions ― it all depends on that person. And the fact nobody knows Katsuki's and (name)'s past (as far as Fumikage knew) further shows there are pieces missing from the puzzle they cannot complete without.

                FOOT AFTER FOOT, IZUKU RAN down the hallway he knew four specific males took until he caught their backs closing in on a turn to the stairwells. "W― wait!" He calls out loud, guaranteeing they face his direction. Izuku slowed his pacing, heavily panting, hands on his knees. He felt the expectant, confused stares causing his cheeks softly burning.

"Izuku, what's up?" (name)'s kind voice darkens Izuku's blush. Standing straight up, he notices (name) moved to the side a bit. He's making sure Katsuki doesn't step out of line, which Izuku mentally thanked him for.

Sadly...

"U― uhm...I..." A thick knot clogged his esophagus. His nerves tingled rampantly; he knew stalling wouldn't do anything, though. "I― I...want to talk to Kacchan about something...a― alone." Izuku fearlessly requested, his regular timid expression astoundingly broadcasting a stern look. Everyone, including Katsuki, looked stunned Izuku actually asked to talk to him, no other person present. "P― please?"

(name)'s stare lingered on Izuku for a while then smiled. "Katsuki," he faced his brother, "we'll save you a spot in the cafeteria."

"W― wait, what―"

"Little Izuku here wishes to speak to you alone," (name) interrupted Katsuki's manic reaction, and it isn't like Izuku could blame him. Considering (name) wouldn't be close by his side, Izuku expected some irritability. "Maybe this can finally be your redemption arc where you get over your little superiority complex~" (name) walked away before he could be questioned. Eijirō and Fumikage, who refrained from speaking, followed close behind. Katsuki looks especially dejected examining the colossal distance expanding between him and (name).

He turned back to Izuku.

His glare is darker than ever.

"What the Hell do you have to say to me that's important you ruined our moment?"

Another knot appears.

"Th― that's the thing..." Izuku lost almost all confidence riling in him a moment ago.

"What?!" Katsuki steps forward. "What was that?! Speak up, Deku, before I send your ass on fire!" Izuku's fists shook at his sides. A flash of anger sparked within him.

That name...

That disrespectful tone...

Izuku tried looking past it all ― he truly did. He thought his childhood friend who once at least tolerated his presence was still there. But realizing Katsuki hid (name) away from living a normal life for whatever reason it may be ― there is no excuse ― Izuku caught the real problem residing in Katsuki's "protectiveness". Although reality proves he is nothing more than a controlling brother acting as a higher power even to his own flesh and blood, they're practically in an abusive relationship: He doesn't want (name) talking to anyone other than himself.

Instead of it being (name) who is hurt, it's those who dare to approach him.

"I..." Izuku stares deep into Katsuki's slanted, red eyes he had shrunk under many times. They grasped no power over Izuku now. "I want you to stop ruining (name)'s life."

Katsuki's eyelids snapped wide open.

"It's unfair to him. He doesn't even have any normal friends because you're always there threatening people and telling them to stop bothering (name) even though he's the happiest I've ever seen him be. Y― you have to stop." His demanding tone deteriorated a little, but his core message reached Katsuki's ears.

Obviously, Izuku thought ahead. Katsuki won't enjoy Izuku's confrontation and might end up punching him in the face like he meant to all those years ago when (name) stepped in.

And he's ready for that.

He's prepared to finally tell Katsuki what he has had coming for a very long time.