Prologue part dos

A vow of unbreakable love

All that could be heard through Lord Mictlan's temple was happy noise of Princesa Y/n. Y/n had just been dropped off by La Muerte from the land of the remembered. She sat at her Fathers feet whilst playing with some toys.

"Mi amor should she really be playing with those?" Lady Micte asks worried for her daughter's safety. Mictlan looks to his wife with an unbothered look. "What do you mean Mi querida" Mictlan questions.

"She's playing with weapons. La Muerte AND Xibalba would kill us if they found out" Micte explains. Mictlan's booming laugh echos through his temple. He looks down at his daughter and sees her playing with the dagger he had got her for her first day of birth.

Around Y/n was a dagger, a small axe, a spiked ball, a shield, a large scythe, and and a mace. Y/n grabs the spiked ball and it pricks her finger. Y/n let out a loud cry and Micte picks her up. Micte sways Y/n and sends a glare to her husband.

"I told you she would get hurt!" Micte yelled at her husband. She kisses the wailing Y/n's finger, then places her on the ground. Micte waves her hand and all the toys are pushed away. "My dear she is the daughter of the god of war, she will be a mighty goddess one day. You cannot stop her from playing with the weapons she will one day use!" Mictlan argues.

Micte and Mictlan began to argue and Y/n crawls away. Y/n sniffles and crawls down the steps. From behind Camazotz Zatz watches Y/n crawl. The three year old prince smiles at her. Y/n head snaps up and she looks to Zatz. Y/n floats up and begins to make her way over to Zatz.

Zatz crawls up his fathers arm, as Camazotz was to busy watching the two gods fight. Zatz reaches his hands to grab Y/n. Y/n floats closer and closer to Zatz tears no longer falling. Y/n looks into Zatz ruby eyes while he looks into her gold eyes.

Micte sighs angrily at her husband. She looks to grab her daughter but she doesn't find her on the ground where she placed her. Micte's eyes widen when she sees Y/n in front of Zatz. "Y/n!" Micte yells alerting her husband to where their daughter was.

Y/n and Zatz reach each other and grab each other's hands. A bright light explodes from the children sending a wave toward all the gods. Camazotz, Micte, Mictlan and all the other gods are pushed to the floor.

When the light fads and the gods stand and they stare in shock. Y/n and Zatz are holding each other in a hug. A bat tattoo on Y/n right arm is drawn in purple paint and a dragon tattoo drawn in gold on Zatz left arm. Mictlan and Camazotz gasp at there children while Micte stares at them

A loud rumble echoed around the temple. "MICTE, MICTLAN!" La Muerte's voice screams. La Muerte arose from the ground with Xibalba glaring at Zatz. La Muerte grabs Y/n away from Zatz while Zatz is taken by Camazotz.

The children began to cry from being apart, but La Muerte waves her hand around her head. Y/n and Zatz eyes fall and begin to sleep. La Muerte looks at Y/n's arm and an angry look came onto her face. She handed Y/n to Xibalba and moves to Zatz. Camazotz went to shield his son from the goddess but La Muerte gave him a smile.

Camazotz sighed and allowed La Muerte to gently grab Zatz's arm. The sleeping Zatz moves toward Y/n who also moves toward him. Xibalba pulled Y/n closer to himself placing her on his shoulder. La Muerte's face became angry and she turns to Micte and Mictlan.

"HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN!" La Muerte yells. Micte glares at La Muerte while Mictlan and Xibalba watch there wives/?. "What do you mean! What's wrong!" Micte yells unsure as to why La Muerte was so angry.

"You've let this happen! This can never be undone!" La Muerte yells. Xibalba rocks Y/n and traces the bat tattoo, while Lord Mictlan glares at the sleeping Zatz. "Then tell us what is wrong." Mictlan orders. La Muerte glares at Mictlan and growls causing the candles fire on her hat grow. "Do not order me Mictlan!" La Muerte yells.

"They have made a vow of unbreakable love." La Muerte whispers. Xibalba gasps and Micte sends La Muerte a confused look. "Qué?" Mictlan questions. La Muerte sighs angrily and grabs Y/n from Xibalba.

"They have made a vow of unbreakable love. Their souls will always will be attracted to each other. In any world, or universe there souls will be connected. They will be destined to be together for eternity." La Muerte explains.

"And this is a bad thing because?" Micte asks. Xibalba and Mictlan gasp at her words. Camazotz holds his son closer to his body in fear of the two gods wanting to hurt his son. "That boy is nothing but a half-breed!" Mictlan yells pointing at Zatz.

"And Y/n is a goddess, that boy will die before her!" Xibalba yells worried of his daughter. After all one day Zatz will die while Y/n would live. "Zatz could become a god on his 18th day of birth." Camazotz attempts to reason.

Mictlan glares at his general and Xibalba sighs. "Then we will just kill the boy and fix everything!" Mictlan yells. Camazotz pulls his son close to himself and hovers his hand sword.

"NO!" La Muerte yells at him. "You do that you will break our daughter!" La Muerte shouts. Mictlan rolls his eyes and freezes. Y/n begins to cry in La Muerte arms. Mictlan goes to grab his daughter, but La Muerte stops him.

Zatz practically jumps up in his fathers arms and reaches his arms towards her. Xibalba glares at Zatz while allowing Y/n to float over to him. The two children grab each other's hand and smile.

Y/n softly grabs at Zatz hair and giggles. "Y/n." Zatz soft voice says. The parents gasp in shock and La Muerte just sighs. "You can't just kill him. If you do she will lose all those beautiful emotions that make her Y/n. Their love will never end. If one day one of them dies the other will reign hell upon this world." La Muerte explains.

Mictlan growls at Zatz playing with Y/n. "If that is there destiny, then we should marry them on Y/n's 15th birthday." Micte suggests. "Why?!" Xibalba questions. La Muerte stands next to Xibalba, and places and hand on his arm.

"We plan on sacrificing the Teca princess on her 15th birthday. To mark the occasion of Y/n taking her rightful place next to us we should marry her to Zatz." Mictlan explains.

La Muerte gasp in shock. "You're going to sacrifice a child!" She yells. Y/n looks up at one of her mother with a sad look. Zatz wraps his arms around her smaller frame. Y/n turns around and Zatz holds up a dragon toy.

It's craved out of wood and painted with golds, purples, and greens. Y/n happily laughs and grabs the toy from Zatz. Y/n hugs it close and then places it on the ground to play. Micte watches them with fond smiles, but it turns to horror when she sees the other toys.

"La Muerte you shouldn't worry about it. The Teca princess is Micte's half-breed. She was made to be sacrificed." Mictlan states. The second those words leave his mouth Y/n makes a noise of angry and all the torches and candles in the temple go out.

La Muerte waves her hand lighting everything while staring at her daughter. Y/n laughs at her parents shock, and rolls onto her back. Zatz watches while giggling a little, making La Muerte smile. Until she sees the very dangerous toys around her and Zatz.

La Muerte glares at Mictlan while he returns it. Y/n grabs Zatz face in her small hands. "Mine." Y/n said softly. All the gods who were merely watching gasp along with Y/n's parents.

"HER FIRST FUCKING WORD!" Xibalba voices booms through the temple.