Chapter 2 | Part 8

June 23rd, 2016
Berlin

Aurora arrived in Berlin the next day. It was about mid-afternoon and Aurora was sitting in a cafe eating breakfast. Aurora checked James' location which showed that he was seemingly in a car. Aurora could tell by the way his location was moving quickly.

"James, where are you going?" Aurora asked quietly. "Where are we going?" James asked someone from his location. "Meeting a contact. Then we're going to the Leipzig-Halle Airport." Aurora heard Steve answer. 

"Airport? Where are you going?" Aurora asked. "The doctors already gonna be in Siberian Hydra Facility by then," Bucky said. "Okay got it. I'll find a way to get there." Aurora said and clicked the com off. 

She fished her laptop out of her bag, looked at the distance from Berlin to Siberia, and then looked through the Avengers Data Base to find information on the Hydra Bunker but was interrupted. 

"Hi." A man said. "Can I help you?" Aurora asked annoyed. "No need to be mean. You should smile more." The man said. "I can't smile on command. Im not a dog." Aurora retorted rolling her eyes. "Wow. Sassy. I like you." The man said smirking. "Well, I don't like you. If you can't tell I'm a little busy right now buddy." Aurora replied staring at her computer.

"Your such a bitch. Can't even be nice anymore." The man muttered. "I've been called worse by better people and being a dick won't make yours magically appear," Aurora said putting her laptop in her bag. She had already found out all of the information she needed even with this creep talking to her.

"Hey, where you going?" The man said grabbing her wrist. "Don't touch me," Aurora said pulling her wrist out of his grip. "I don't need toxic waste touching me," Aurora said then walked out of the cafe rolling her eyes at the man who kept telling her to come back. 

"Fucking jerk," Aurora muttered pulling a pair of motorcycle keys out of a man's pocket. You could call that pickpocketing or you could see how this would help the Avengers. 

"You okay?" James' said from the comm scaring Aurora. "Jesus. I thought you couldn't talk to me." Aurora said confused. "They're talking to a blonde chick right now. I'm alone." James told her. "Okay. And yes I'm fine. Men are just annoying." Aurora told him getting on the motorcycle. "Tell me about it," James said with a huff. "Everything okay with you?" Aurora asked revving the motorcycle as she started to drive. "Yup. Gotta go." James said quickly. 

Aurora drove the motorcycle to a private airport landing strip that was near the airport that Bucky was going to. She had remembered that Tony kept two Quin-jets there and would take one of them to Siberia. 

She arrived at the hangar almost 2 hours later. Aurora knew she was running late but it was okay. She would get to Siberia in time. The easy part was getting to the hangar but the hard part would be getting to the Quin-Jet. 

Aurora could hear the sounds of fighting coming from the other side of the airport but paid no attention to it. 

She quickly got off the motorcycle and parked in the tree lines. She flew over the fence and quietly made her way to the quinjet which she knew was in Hanger 2. She ran across the runway and walked to hangar 2 which was unsurprisingly heavily guarded. 

"Hey what are you doing here?" A guard asked pointing a gun at her. Instead of answering she used her powers to blast the guards away which quickly knocked them out. Aurora ran to the Quinjet and quickly got in and scanned her hand to turn it on. 

"Welcome. Voice activation required." A robotic voice said. "Aurora" Aurora replied rolling her eyes fondly at the name. "Welcome Little Stark." The robotic voice answered. "Would you like me to contact Big Stark?" The robotic voice asked. "No thank you. Open maps." Aurora said. 

She quickly set in the coordinates of the bunker and set it as the destination. 

"Turn on stealth mode," Aurora commanded sitting down in the pilot seat. The quinjet turned invisible and that was when Aurora started pulling the plane out onto the runway to see another Quinjet flying above her with Rhodey, Tony and Sam following it. 

"Is FRIDAY available on this quinjet?" Aurora asked watching the scene in front of her. "How can I help you, Ms. Stark?" FRIDAY's Irish voice asked. "Who is in the other quinjet?" Aurora asked as the plane started moving forward. "Captain Rogers and Sargeant Barnes are in the quinjet. Would you like me to connect you to them?" FRIDAY asked. "No that won't be necessary," Aurora replied quickly. 

Aurora quickly flew up and into the air at a slow speed so the others wouldn't notice her presence. 

Aurora was quietly watching the air fight when she saw Rhodey fall. 

"Shit!" Aurora gasped watching as Tony and Sam stopped in the air and flew down towards a falling Rhodey. "FRIDAY can you give me a status on Rhodey?" Aurora asked panicked. Rhodey was her brother. He had been family for years. She loved him like a brother. 

"Rhodey has a heartbeat. Medical is on its way." FRIDAY answered. "Oh thank god," Aurora said letting out a breath of relief. "Take the wheel FRIDAY," Aurora said once they got stable in the air. "Keep a distance of 100 ft between Captain Rogers' quinjet," Aurora instructed.

Aurora stood up from the pilot's chair and sat down on one of the chairs. The last time she had been in one was before the battle with Ultron. That was the last time she had kissed Steve before she faked her death. 

She missed Steve. Aurora missed his smile. His eyes. His loud laugh that made her jump from time to time. She missed his kindness and the way he would look at her. She missed wearing his clothes. She missed everything about Steve. 

But he could never prioritize her. He always prioritized the Avengers. That was something they fought about multiple times. But she loved him. She had never loved someone like this. Aurora wanted to marry Steve one day and maybe even have kids. Who knows if that would even happen?

Not only did she miss Steve, but she also missed the rest of the Avengers. If anything she missed her brother most of all. 

Tony had been around her for her whole life and this was the longest they had gone without talking or seeing one another. Even when Tony went to MIT she talked to him multiple times a week. She missed her stupid and annoying brother. She missed his annoying rambling and his stupid nicknames. 

She missed Natasha. She missed Rhodey. She missed Pepper. She missed Clint. She missed Bruce. She missed Thor. She missed Maria. Hell, she even missed Fury. 

Maybe faking her death wasn't the right thing to do. Even though it had helped her mental health a lot it hurt the people closest to her. 

Now they knew she was alive according to Steve. They would all probably try to bring her back to New York. But Aurora didn't know what she wanted to do. 

"Ms. Stark, are you okay? Your heartbeat is rising." FRIDAY asked interrupting her from overthinking even more. "I'm fine FRIDAY. How much longer until we arrive?" Aurora asked standing up and looking out the windshield. 

"Estimated time is 2 hours," FRIDAY replied. "Thank you. FRIDAY I'm gonna take a power nap." Aurora said rubbing her eyes as she felt a yawn creep up. "Of course Ms. Stark," FRIDAY said. 

Aurora opened one of the storage spaces in the quinjet and took out a blanket and a pillow that was always kept in the quinjets. As soon as she got into a comfortable position Aurora fell asleep. 

...

Aurora woke up to FRIDAY calling her name. 

"Ms. Stark we have arrived. It seems as if Mr. Stark is here too." FRIDAY informed her. "Why is Tony here?" Aurora muttered rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Aurora stood up and realized how underprepared she was. 

Siberia was freezing cold and Aurora was only wearing boots, black jeans, a red t-shirt and a leather jacket. She could use her fire powers to warm herself up though. Aurora then looked through the armoury got herself a pistol made sure it had ammo. 

"Keep the jet running FRI," Aurora said and opened the hatch of the jet.

 It was time to face her family.