Prolugue

The land of Irmania is known to the world for its rugged coastlines near the shores, and the steppes that expansed across the the scenery that lay before the display of dramatic mountains in the vague mist. Most of this magnificent land consists of three cities, one of them being Colbourne City.

Colbourne City is a fairly peaceful place. The buildings of the village look fairly similar to farmhouses, while the streets are fashioned with large flat stones, so perfectly that a piece of paper could barely fit in the seams; torches are held high by pillars which stood in neat rows were lit as street lamps at night. The cheery and welcoming aura covered its history as one of the only three cities in the whole of Irmania. The trauma and new lifestyle would have the 100-year war to blame. This was, however, a good change that had been made. The three cities of Colbourne, Silburgh, and Enshilton live in peace. However, that does not mean that all the people in the city survived. 

Lowell - however known as Leo - Aglar was just a baby when his parents died during the war, and was taken in by a single mother, one of the few who survived in the city. He grew up and developed an athletic build from part-time training to fight, and was known in the small city for his unnatural amber eyes. He would walk down the streets to hear whispers and murmurs about him, mentioning his rare eyes, though he never seemed to bother as he had a good reputation for his kind, and committed nature. He had medium, black, wavy, unruly hair; and it was just long enough to be tied up. Leo grew up living a rather confined, but happy life, along with his foster siblings, Curtis and Celia Grey. Both of them had dusty blonde, wavy hair and brown eyes. The siblings grew up and were practically inseparable. They would get in and out of trouble a lot, and back into trouble again; they would run around the forests and catch fishes with their bare hands in the river nearby together; and would even stay up late at night taking turns telling stories and would sometimes negotiate whose is better. None of them were allowed to go beyond the borders of the city, but they still had fun.

16 years of an enjoyable life, till one afternoon when the city was called to a gathering at the palace, just to announce the passing of the king. 

"We are here to mourn the passing of King Aldous Fer Ates..." the courtier announced. Leo, Curtis and Celia stood at the back on tiptoes trying to see past the sea of heads in front of them. 

"Ouch! Move, Leo!" Curtis hissed at Leo as he lost balance and tripped to the side, colliding with his brother. 

"It's not my fault you have such poor balance, bump into Celia instead!" Leo hissed back. 

"You're the one who has poor balance, besides you have so much space over there, can't you move?!"

"Yeah, but the taller people are on that side too, and I won't be able to see what the hell is going on at the front!"

"We can't see what's going on at the front anyway! Just move-"

"Guys! Stop it, you're going to distract everyone, this is a funeral for heaven's sake!" Celia shushed as she looked at the boys who were now pushing each other trying to get one of them to one side. As the speech went on, the boys went from pushing to wrestling until the crowd abruptly bursted with shouts of protest, startling to two of them, causing both to trip on each other's foot and fall to the ground. Still wrestling, both stumbled back to their feet and tried to see what had happened. 

"What's going on? Why is everyone suddenly lashing out at them?" Leo wondered aloud within the yells of the villagers.

"If you had been listening, the villagers are opposed to crowning King Fer Ates' daughter!" Celia crossed her arms at him, rolling her eyes as she spoke. Leo looked to the front, and saw between narrow gaps that the king's daughter was standing before the crowd, silently watching the protest as the courtier and his assistants tried to quiet the villagers.