Why?

(Slama's POV)

Hello! I'm Steven, but everyone calls me Slamacow. It's an odd name, I know, but it kinda stuck with me, but you gotta admit, it kinda has a nice ring to it. I'm just an average guy, if you consider "Average" someone who hangs out with two mobs who normally would've killed you by now. Yep, my best friends are an Enderman and a Zombie, Bart and Dave prospectively, they're both really cool, Bart is a bartender of a Mob Saloon, reason he's always wearing a tux, so far I'm the only human who's allowed but it doesn't help that every two seconds SOMEONE'S trying to kill me. Dave is, well, Dave.

There isn't really much to say except he dresses differently from the other Zombies and loves to play on his GameCube all the time. He can easily be found thanks to his torn and bloody white shirt, however one time he swapped shirts, reason being we had just saved him from freezing waters, but another zombie got a hold of Dave's shirt and it ended in a MESS, we were trying to figure out who's who for two hours! In the end Dave had pulled out his game and we got out of there. Judging by that story you can tell that my everyday life is kind of crazy, and you're right, it is. I have another story to tell, but this wasn't isn't just crazy, it's maddening, with a hint of scary, and it all started when Bart was acting a bit off.

It was a day like any other, Dave, Bart and I were just exploring the forest, nothing unusual. It was getting to be sundown, which is kinda good and mostly bad. Good because it'll be easier for my buddy Dave to travel, bad because it'll be easier for all of the OTHER mobs to travel. But they usually leave us alone, at least the zombies and most Endermen do, everyone else will try to attack me, making all of us run until we know it's safe. Honestly I sometimes feel bad, having Dave and Bart always by my side, meaning they have to go through the crazy stuff I go through, at the same time I get kind of scared, because what if there comes a day when I'm in trouble but neither of them can help me?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Bart grab the sleeve of my shirt and then tugged me behind him. I looked up at him, but he was staring straight ahead with an expression I've never seen before, was he mad? It's sometimes hard to tell but he definitely seemed to be glaring at something. I looked in the direction he was glaring and I saw another Enderman. Panicking, I quickly looked to the ground, hoping he didn't get agitated. There was a large wave of silence when I suddenly heard a horrific shriek, it was definitely an Enderman. I looked up to find that it was Bart. I felt my heartbeat go quicker, I was kind of scared, Endermen only give someone that look when they're hostile but I've never seen Bart do that. Bart never fought anyone, unless it's to protect me and Dave, but even then he never shrieked like that.

I knew the other Enderman was getting mad, I quickly grabbed Bart's sleeve and tugged, I wanted for us to get out of here NOW. Bart, however, didn't move, he stayed in place as if he was a stone statue, this especially scared me. It seemed to be that he wanted to fight this intruder, he wanted to protect us. I didn't want him to, though. I didn't want Bart to get hurt because of me, I ran out in between them, I raised my arms to indecate that they'll have to pass me if they want to fight. Bart glared down at me with a look that said; "Move Slama." I quickly shook my head, there was no way I was letting him fight. However there was no way I was stopping him either, Bart had other plans.

He stared straight at the other Enderman, then started walking towards it. I ran up to him and tied pushing him away, but he grabbed my shoulders and SHOVED me out of his way. I landed hard, pain shot through my body and I stumbled to get to my feet while I heard the two Endermen fight, then I felt two hands grab one of my wrists and pull me to my feet. I looked and saw Dave, with a look of fear in his dead eyes. At the same time we turned towards Bart and the other Enderman, right on time to see Bart hit the ground with a heavy thud. He looked very beat up, but got back to his feet and charged at his foe, who grabbed his arm when he was close and literally threw him into a tree.

I've had enough, I didn't want him to go through anymore pain because of me. I ran out in between them again but this time I faced the intruding Enderman. "G-Go!" I stuttered. " Go away! Leave us alone!" I waved my arms in front of me like an idiot, I knew I would probably get myself killed but I'd rather have it be me than Bart. The Enderman glared at me, it grabbed the back of my collar, slightly choking me and lifted me till I was eye to eye with it, then it shrieked at me. I had no choice than to stare into it's cold eyes as it glared back into mine, until something hit it on the back of it's head. We both turned and saw Dave with an armful of bones and looking very ticked, the enderman glared at him and dropped me to the ground. Dave threw another bone, however this one missed. The Enderman gave us all a round of glares before teleporting away. I looked at where it had been before turning to Bart. He had just pulled himself to his feet, then gave me an apologetic look. I jumped to my feet and ran up to him, looking him straight in the eye. I knew he regretted pushing me and fighting the enderman, I practically felt the regret radiating off of him. I carefully patted his arm, well aware there is possibly a bruise or at least some sort of injury on his arm. Dave walked up next to us and gave us a "We should get going." look.

I couldn't have agreed more.

((Hey! Here's a Slamacow fanfic! I know you're expecting an update to "Stay with me", I'm working on it but I have horrible writers block, sorry! I've decided to post this because there aren't really any Slamacow fanfics out there...also sorry that Bart is acting a bit OOC, though I kinda did that to morph the story. I don't know, hope you enjoy!))