Chapter Thirty

"Wake up, Noah!"

I shot up, hitting my head against the wall. What the hell was going on? Well, the sun was out, meaning it was daytime. And where was Cody? He fell asleep in my arms.

After regaining consciousness, I saw Izzy standing in front of me. She had this psychotic grin on her face. I picked up my phone to check the time. It was still morning, but it was way too damn early for this shit.

"What the hell, Iz?" I groaned. "What are you doing here?"

"First of all, nice tent," said Izzy. "Second, we're all in the living room. Izzy was wondering where you were."

"Well, Izzy does not need to worry," I grumbled, getting dressed. "Tell her that Noah was robbed of the best sleep he's ever gonna get. Best dream included."

Izzy looked at me, batting her eyelashes. She wanted to know the dream in question. Well, fat chance, Iz. Not happening.

I walked out of my room looking like shit. Gwen had brought Trent over as well. I kept forgetting they were married, living together, and expecting a child. I waved as I walked over to the coffee maker.

"Can I have some?" Cody asked.

"Pot's warm," I replied. "Once I'm done, sure."

"No, I want some of yours."

"Cody, I can't have milk or cream in my coffee. You take one sip of my coffee and you're going to spit it out."

Cody groaned loudly. I turned around, eyeing my stupid little boyfriend. When I fully rotated my body, Cody was giving me puppy eyes.

"Really?" I groaned. "Cody, goddammit. No! I'm not-"

After shutting my eyes tight, I opened one. Cody's pupils had dilated to the size of the sun. How did he do that?!

"Please, Noah?"

"Argh!" I exclaimed. "Fine, you can have one sip, but don't say I didn't warn you."

I finished making a cup of black coffee, slowly handing it to Cody. He smiled and took a small sip. Quick as a flash, he spit it back out.

"What did I fucking tell you?"

He got back up, shoving the cup in my hands. I looked over at Owen, who had a set of whiteboards and markers. Were we going to play a game? Once Cody got himself a cup of coffee more to his liking, he sat down beside me.

"Whatcha got there?" I asked.

"Izzy wanted to play a spin on the Newlywed Game," Owen exclaimed. "I bought six whiteboards from the dollar store. Here, I'll hand them out. I asked Gwen to make cards for the game."

Owen handed out small whiteboards to everyone in the room. Gwen shuffled her cards, filled with questions we had to answer similarly. She handed the pile to Trent, who took the top card off the deck.

"Here we go," he chuckled. "So, we have to have the same answers. Okay, for this question, we have to pick one person from each couple. I'll go, and I'm also setting Noah and Owen up."

"Alright," I sighed. "Ready, big guy?"

"Set," Owen replied, determination in his voice.

"What's something you do while sleeping that makes your partner want to take the guest room?" Trent read.

What was something I did that made Cody want to sleep in Krystal's room? That was a tough one, given that five things came to mind. I thought about last night and getting busted by Cody's mom. I snickered and wrote down 'I'm a screamer'. Right away, I could tell by Cody's eyes that our answers did not match.